Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

Well this Giles team is better than the '59 team which would beat the '63 team which would beat the '67 team which is better than the '09 team which beat the Devils '09 team so there's no use in playing the game. Giles wins by historical elimination! :shock:

That would only apply if Greeneville had lost to Giles in '59...

Read all the posts I reply to. I DID NOT MAKE IT A COUNTY/CITY THING--HERESAY (MILK CAN REFERENCE) AND barb DID (SMART REFERENCE ABOUT BOLES, BAXLEY, AND MONTGOMERY). Of course I don't expect you to reply back to them, but seriously read what they put. Truth is, 95% of my posts are replies, which means I am just responding to what someone has said. As for me "asking a question, I already knew the answer to"--you are wrong. There have been many teams that have scored on Greeneville since WG game, I HONESTLY did not know if any were on Greeneville's 1st D. It was an honest question and a compliment followed (by me) that Greeneville's D is amazing not giving up a TD since the WG game. How about you quit assuming you know everything. As far as me saying nice things about Greeneville-YES I DO. I have said alot more nice things about Greeneville than Greeneville fans have said about county players and schools.

You have pretty much questioned everything that Greeneville fans have said. You started with questioning BVD about making excuses for the Mo West game. You question Greeneville fans about their opinions regarding this team versus the 2009 team. Then, you implied that Greeneville doesn’t have true fans. Remember, this is a Greeneville and Giles County thread. When a WG fans comes in here and starts questioning everything we say, then I think you should expect us to get a little defensive. It looked like you are trying to stir up some stuff.

You and I have gotten along ok in the past, and I hope that continues. I have said good things about your school as well. Like I said, I’m just tired of the whole city/county conversation.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

I'm going to say fifty post have been deleted so far.Should be a great week leading up to the game.BVDevil,I'll try to leave work early and catch up before the game.I'll try to give a call either way. Liked the vid! Hall is a beast.I said last year that he was the best defensive end in the area,but what a man running the ball.

Yeah I've had a couple deleted and I'm not sure why...I'd say it wasn't a moderator though that deleted all of them...

Giles isn't a "Knoxville city school" that relies on athletes to win games and freaks out when they play a well coached team with players. They will come to play and they'll play hard. Greeneville better be careful what they wish for because Giles County is not coming to east-TN to shine their rings. O'Conner is a good coach and his teams are going to battle right up through the end. Good Luck Bobcats!

Remember the devils have rings also! If you have not watched the greene devils please do yourself a treat come watch them u will be impressed.

You have pretty much questioned everything that Greeneville fans have said. You started with questioning BVD about making excuses for the Mo West game. You question Greeneville fans about their opinions regarding this team versus the 2009 team. Then, you implied that Greeneville doesn’t have true fans. Remember, this is a Greeneville and Giles County thread. When a WG fans comes in here and starts questioning everything we say, they I think you should expect us to get a little defensive. It looked like you are trying to stir up some stuff.

You and I have gotten along ok in the past, and I hope that continues. I have said good things about your school as well. Like I said, I’m just tired of the whole city/county conversation.

I am tired of this too. Read my first posts on this thread--they were not anything bad. I only reply to what others say. My response to BVD was basically this: Greeneville is awesome and have wore teams out the past 3 seasons. When they do, everybody talks about how good they are and they should--those boys deserve that. My problem is the excuses for Greeneville's last 2 losses. My point: Every team gets bad calls occasionally and has to play without some players because of injuries. I just don't like to hear people make excuses--learn from the losses. Ballard and the players have made great adjustments since that West loss!!! They don't want to lose again, but let's not make excuses for the loss--the coaches and players haven't. Instead, they have just beat the crap out of everybody since then. I could make excuses about 2 HORRIBLE calls that WG got vs. AE (1 when they were up 6 and on AE 2-yard line and 1 when they were down a TD that a couple plays later led to another AE score & the AWFUL call late in the Oneida game that cost WG a game-winning TD). But I have never mentioned those, why? Because I accept the fact that on those nights--AE and Oneida were better than

WG--Period!!!

My reply about the 09 team was based on the fact that I thought the 09 team was GREAT and didn't think they would lose to this team by 28-35 points. This year's defense is better, but I still think the 09 offense was better.

My reply about the true fans was in response to barb, when she sarcastically told me to go start a basketball thread and start in with Greeneville fans there, "if there are any". My response was also TRUE--Greeneville fans do not get on the basketball threads like they do football. If I am wrong on that one, then I apologize.

Once again, Good Luck to Greeneville this week and in the championship next week. I see nothing standing in their way!!!

I am tired of this too. Read my first posts on this thread--they were not anything bad. I only reply to what others say. My response to BVD was basically this: Greeneville is awesome and have wore teams out the past 3 seasons. When they do, everybody talks about how good they are and they should--those boys deserve that. My problem is the excuses for Greeneville's last 2 losses. My point: Every team gets bad calls occasionally and has to play without some players because of injuries. I just don't like to hear people make excuses--learn from the losses. Ballard and the players have made great adjustments since that West loss!!! They don't want to lose again, but let's not make excuses for the loss--the coaches and players haven't. Instead, they have just beat the crap out of everybody since then. I could make excuses about 2 HORRIBLE calls that WG got vs. AE (1 when they were up 6 and on AE 2-yard line and 1 when they were down a TD that a couple plays later led to another AE score & the AWFUL call late in the Oneida game that cost WG a game-winning TD). But I have never mentioned those, why? Because I accept the fact that on those nights--AE and Oneida were better than

WG--Period!!!

My reply about the 09 team was based on the fact that I thought the 09 team was GREAT and didn't think they would lose to this team by 28-35 points. This year's defense is better, but I still think the 09 offense was better.

My reply about the true fans was in response to barb, when she sarcastically told me to go start a basketball thread and start in with Greeneville fans there, "if there are any". My response was also TRUE--Greeneville fans do not get on the basketball threads like they do football. If I am wrong on that one, then I apologize.

Once again, Good Luck to Greeneville this week and in the championship next week. I see nothing standing in their way!!!

MoWest benefitted greatly from the absence of Austin Perkins and Ethan Malone. They are players that make a huge difference in a close game. Not an excuse for losing, but a reason for the Trojans success against the Devils on both sides of the ball.

WG--Period!!!

i honestly havent even read your reply to my post about MoW, but I do want to say this. i wasnt making excuses for GHS's last 2 losses, i was merely pointing out "reasons" they lost. alot of people say you're making excuses when you question an officials call. you will almost never hear me question an official becuase I know they have a tough job and i wouldnt be one for half the money in the world, but on that particular night, in that particular play, that appeared to me and everyone else who saw it, to be a bogus holding call..doesnt change the fact that MoW. ran the ball almost at will that night between the 20's. as far as Giles 2 years ago. turnovers killed us and we should have beaten them. that said, turnovers are a huge part of the game and Giles did what they had to do to hoist the gold ball...congrats to them...this friday GHS gets their chance to redeem themselves for that night..atleast the seniors that played in that game. I said all that to say this, no excuses, KILL GILES!

I'm going to say fifty post have been deleted so far.Should be a great week leading up to the game.BVDevil,I'll try to leave work early and catch up before the game.I'll try to give a call either way. Liked the vid! Hall is a beast.I said last year that he was the best defensive end in the area,but what a man running the ball.

Hall has improved soooo much as a runner this year. imagine what he would be like if he had ran it last year...ofcourse he had two pretty ok dudes handling that for him last year...lol....looking forward to seeing you man. it's been too long and that's on me.

Well this Giles team is better than the '59 team which would beat the '63 team which would beat the '67 team which is better than the '09 team which beat the Devils '09 team so there's no use in playing the game. Giles wins by historical elimination! :shock:

WOMG, I am extremely fed up with all of this. I only said something about your 67 team because they were in the county and dadxfive played in the city. My post was only a reply to likearock who originally claimed the 59' team was better in which sawdust started all this by bringing up the 09' team. You see your response to rocks reply was just the beginning because bobcat93 acutally initiated all of this when he drove from the city to the county to confront dadxfive about the 63 team. I would like to say I am extremly sorry for responding to your post in a way that really made the 67 team not look as good as the 59 team. Don't get mad at me when sawdust was originally the one who posted to dad when I was just trying to stick up for rock when his post was sticking up for you. I gotta rest a little bit because I can't think straight at the moment.

All I wanted to do was get on this to hear about how bad Greeneville was going to beat up on Giles County. I would also like to know when the Greeneville/Maplewood thread is going to start. And has anybody decided if this years gold ball is going to be in the same trophy case as last years gold ball.

But most important of all....wonder if Big Trey would share some of that grub Friday night.....I watched that Greeneville youtube and Big Trey looks like he can cook.