Reclassification

fblover

And how do you feel about school systems that have open enrollment with no tuition? There are 4 schools in Greene County that have an open enrollment policy that requires nothing more than the approval of the school administrator.

Seems to me that everyone should play by the same rules or guidelines.

So when is the vote?

2nd week of July was posted somewhere.

Should be interesting....I think 33% want it, 33% don't, and 33% don't care either way.

Teams that are at the high end of classification(enrollment) don't want, teams that are

on the low end may end up on the high end and they want it.

I'm in the 33% that don't care either way, but I would like to see the other sports go to 4.

No matter how many classes 1 or 10.... Maryville will be at the top year end and year out.

Edited by wcdogs

My guess, the proposed regions in a 5-class group will met with negativity by enough schools to keep it in the current 3 class/6 playoff class system. Then there will be more attempted tweaking in the playoff process. The district matchups right now are ideal for so many schools, I think that should be more important than the playoff selections being a little complex. If I had a say, I'd still go with four classes across football, basketball, baseball and softball. That would be few enough regular season classes to prevent regions with Moore County vs Copper Basin, etc, but also would lessen the chances of 9 and 10-team regions that would hurt possible rivalry/money games.

My guess, the proposed regions in a 5-class group will met with negativity by enough schools to keep it in the current 3 class/6 playoff class system. Then there will be more attempted tweaking in the playoff process. The district matchups right now are ideal for so many schools, I think that should be more important than the playoff selections being a little complex. If I had a say, I'd still go with four classes across football, basketball, baseball and softball. That would be few enough regular season classes to prevent regions with Moore County vs Copper Basin, etc, but also would lessen the chances of 9 and 10-team regions that would hurt possible rivalry/money games.

I hope so, but I'm not as optimistic.

And as much as it would increase the level of difficulty for football, I can't say I disagree with you about the 4 class proposal. The other sports need another classification badly in my opinion. I actually think it's a very good idea, but it will never happen.

Here is an idea that will NEVER be adopted. Bring the Privates and Publics back together, then throw out ALL the rules about recruiting and 'open vs closed' systems.

Then let the best recruiting teams win!

Now back to the real world.

Main thing that will determine what will happen is what will bring in the most $MONEY$ to the T$$AA!