Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

Hey blue bloomers..did they get the new sign hung for former turney ford field? An owl told me that they had renamed it to "owl practice facility #2". Any truth to that?

No truth to it. Turney Ford Field sign will always be there. No room because of that sign and signs for our State

Championship and Runner up. Hoping to make room for another one this season. Still early but thats our ultimate goal. I have heard your Regions 3rd place signs have already been ordered and painted. They say Carthage Academy Christian School.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol..I don't think that will happen..however I do think that your chances of bringing home the championship are tremendous as of right now..but to be honest you never know until you see them play a real game..jamborees and scrimmages not really much to go on..your gordonsville..you'll allways have a top of the pack 1a team..smith co will continue with their upper middle of the pack ways..wish they'd close gordonsville down..send your top athletes to smith co and throw the rest to dekalb county..then wed have us the real deal here in this county..but back to the game..should be a good one if everybody lives up to their pre season hype..meet me at the consession stand and ill buy you some refreshment

Yeah, I'm gettin bored too. Not much talk of who has what advantage and how we might match up, some, but mainly smack talk as usual.....

SC's defense is better this year, at this time, than they were last year. For what it is worth, no team has scored a TD on SC during the fall scrimmages and first game. Again, FOR WHATEVER IT MEANS, IF IT MEANS ANYTHING. The teams were: Cookeville HS, Sparta HS, Whites Creek HS, DCS. Gordonsville could have the power offense to score at will on us. On offense, the Owls have several threats both running and passing. Our QB is known to be able to throw the ball, but we found out he can also run the ball as against Sparta a 50 yard td run. The running game with Manning, Stephenson, and Williams will be solid. SC has made too many stupid mistakes. You might not like the word "stupid" but how elase can you describe a mistake? Should be a good game - this year has been the year set aside as the best team Gordonsville has ever had. They have a fine ball club. Two key players out will hurt the Tigers and Watson is still not 100%. Lets tee it up and let the chips fall where they may and the best team win. Hopefully no injuries and a clean game.

If Chicken County does win this game it won't be because of any body from Crathrage. It'll be because of some kid from Brentwood Academy or because of the Manning kid who's from Gorgansville. Carthage Owls the New Friendlyship where the motto is 'if we can't beat you with our own kids we'll just use someone elses!" flower.gif

Edited by BasilDuke

I see the matchups like this: SC QB and WR's against Gville's secondary is a push. Gville has two returning starters in the secondary but two first time starters. I think SC really has one proven WR in Carr.

SC's RB's vs. Gville LB's. advantage goes to SC. If McCoy was able to play it might be different.

SC's Oline vs. Gville's Dline. advantage goes to Gville. I think there's just too much experience and athleticism in that position for Gville.

As for Gville's offense against SC's defense. I can't really analyze it because I just don't know enough about SC's defensive personnel.