South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

Saw in the local paper a few weeks back where it listed headlines from 20 30 and 40 years ago. The one from 40 years ago said " school board votes to move forward with consolidation of local high schools"

I saw that to and got a chuckle. Surprised post didn't get more response on this SP vs Whitwell thread. Fierce local town loyalty will cause consolidation to be postponed as long as possible. Economics will be deciding factor eventually. Indisputable. JMO

LOPAO.................................Zzzzzzzzz.........Dad burnit, Old Pirate remembers you posted not many SP posters had credibility &....OP weren't one of them!!!!!!!! Dad burnit, least ways OP never served time in the brigg. Pert near sure you was inascent too!

That's still true........TheAmbrassador,piratetom,and a few more have.But most don't have a clue.They can't get over being MC little step-brother.....They are full of hate......

That's still true........TheAmbrassador,piratetom,and a few more have.But most don't have a clue.They can't get over being MC little step-brother.....They are full of hate......

If SP is little brother to MC with more wins in series and more state champ appearances as well as titles then the little brother was just blessed with better genes over the past 50 years.

Lookout Valley is little brother to Howard then. You get more players from there than SP has ever gotten from jasper. Welcome back btw ;)

I really doubt that the Tigers are threating anyone, even if they are they are idle threats. The whole idea of football is knocking some heads and damaging the other team, the reason WHS loses so much is that they can't do that very often. I am sure that SP will do the majority of the knocking and there by prevent any knocking of their players.

Pastry you aren't familiar with the situation I was referring to. But that's ok. Lol. Actually yeah I do know what I'm talking about as far as a few threats go. It concerns a couple of Tigers and a Pirate whom I know very well. So it's not a widespread team thing. I expect it'll be handled on the field. Like I said I hope both teams come through without injuries. Whitwell doesn't have much depth due to a small number of players, but they actually have more seniors than I realized because all I've been hearing from some of them is how many freshmen they have. They seem to have struggled with finding stability at the quarterback position so far this year between Tate and Havis. They need to let Ben Petty get a few boys out of the hallways and onto the field playing football. And our Pirates don't need any injuries going into the latter stretch of our schedule. And btw, it should be an interesting game to watch there in Jasper tonight, Purp.

Bunch of CRAP in this thread! Some of your guys need to go out and grab a beer, get a lady or find another hobby! Good God nobody wants to read all this CRAP!! Like a bunch of junior high kids going through puberty! Now that I got that off my chest.

HELLOOOO!!!! ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!! ITS GAMEDAY!!! Boys listen up, now I realize its just Whitwell baby but you still GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! DONT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY BABY!!! Use this game to get better boys! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!! EAT EM UP EAT EM UP!! We played hard last week boys just keep that coming. Use that same passion and dont stop till that final whistle. Keep working boys! We have gotten better each game. We gotta a goal baby! Keep that anger and heartache from last week and bury it. Use it as motivation boys! We are SP BABY! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! HIT SOMEBODY!!! ONE MORE TIME! ONE TIME!!

Please delete your account

Please delete yourself.

Saw in the local paper a few weeks back where it listed headlines from 20 30 and 40 years ago. The one from 40 years ago said " school board votes to move forward with consolidation of local high schools"

That is what I was getting at, but uTT didn't like it. roflol.gif

Edited by rlh

Futeball feuding day is here and Old Pirate says the Pirates might be a tad unfocused for this matchup but as great grand pappy used to preach, "the cream with come to the top", figure coach Vic now that he has got his body guard can focus more on the game & adjustments so the Pirates will take this feud and tame the Tigers once again.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

If SP is little brother to MC with more wins in series and more state champ appearances as well as titles then the little brother was just blessed with better genes over the past 50 years.

Lookout Valley is little brother to Howard then. You get more players from there than SP has ever gotten from jasper. Welcome back btw ;)

thata boy, Sickem TT..... Edited by OLD PIRATE

Jashawn has arrived!!!!

... Honestly I'm excited about the game tonight, but it's more of a general football excitement. I think everyone on both sides of the field knows what to expect out of tonights game.

Whitwell just seems to always lack all the pieces to the puzzle. I can say that they finally put Havis back at QB last week and I could clearly see an improvement in the balance of the offense but it's still not "really good" by any means. I hate talking bad about my team but it's just the way it is. The Tigers just haven't had enough talent for so many years. We'll have a few really good guys out there but not enough to play as one whole "good" team. I finally like our head coach and think he's got a really good idea of how to run this team, but I'm frustrated that he can't really do a lot with what he's got. Dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing the players. It's not that I think they just aren't good, because some of them are really good (especially our RB's), we just dont have the numbers plus the talent.

Anyway, I'm getting too negative here.... Official predition... SP 64 WHS 0

Whitwell will get discouraged after a few scores and it will get ugly.... Here's to hoping I'm wrong