McKenzie Rebels 2013

foxtrot16

Good to hear that the grandson's good an' healthy,but it sure didn't look like he needed much help shovin' linemen around that night! I've been blessed to have family watchin' me play when I was young,and to watch my kids from the stands was truly special...to have "friends" to travel around watching sports and raggin'each other with is something else I've been blessed with,and for those who dont have "that guy" that 'Ole Duck and Butchie are to each other...well you've missed the best part of the whole thing.Cant wait for next season.I expect our program to make steps toward being respectable soon,and figure the 'Rebs to look more like themselves too.Gleason could make some real noise if they stay healthy,they're definately on the right track.Wishin'you two old geezers the best this summer,time to watch some basketball and pack up the huntin' gear.

Good to hear that the grandson's good an' healthy,but it sure didn't look like he needed much help shovin' linemen around that night! I've been blessed to have family watchin' me play when I was young,and to watch my kids from the stands was truly special...to have "friends" to travel around watching sports and raggin'each other with is something else I've been blessed with,and for those who dont have "that guy" that 'Ole Duck and Butchie are to each other...well you've missed the best part of the whole thing.Cant wait for next season.I expect our program to make steps toward being respectable soon,and figure the 'Rebs to look more like themselves too.Gleason could make some real noise if they stay healthy,they're definately on the right track.Wishin'you two old geezers the best this summer,time to watch some basketball and pack up the huntin' gear.

hey Trader...Meeting Good ole Boys Like You ...And Sharing Experiences Is What Makes This Web Site Unique...If We Just Discussed The Mustang Greats It Would Be Rather Boring....lol...Some Of The Finest People I Have Met Have Been Right Here In This Great State And Because Of CoachT....Hope Your Off Season Is Healthy And Properous...And The Developments Around Scotts Hill Are Because Of The Good People Like You Behind The Program!...Amazing Job...Good Luck...See Ya When I Can... Edited by Butchie

hey Trader...Meeting Good ole Boys Like You ...And Sharing Experiences Is What Makes This Web Site Unique...If We Just Discussed The Mustang Greats It Would Be Rather Boring....lol...Some Of The Finest People I Have Met Have Been Right Here In This Great State And Because Of CoachT....Hope Your Off Season Is Healthy And Properous...And The Developments Around Scotts Hill Are Because Of The Good People Like You Behind The Program!...Amazing Job...Good Luck...See Ya When I Can...

Likewise...already lookin' forward to it!!! Edited by tradertwo

tradertwo, Michael went for his checkup early this week and the Dr. said he's doing great and is ahead of schedule so we're cautiously hopeful that ordeal is history upon full recovery. I had a good freind growing up (actually more like a little brother) that had the same surgery in H.S. and went on to play 4 years in the SEC as a defensive end at Vanderbilt so it can work wonders. George was only 6'1" and 220 lb. but tough as nails. Smallest DE in the SEC and one of the top rated ones at that. Lots of good stories about those times too!!! Don't guess I've even told Butchie any of those stories!? Vandy ain't been too popular to talk about untill the last 3-4 years for most folks!!! LOL Heck I've followed them since I was a kid and they are my favorite team just because i grew up watchin' 'em play.........in person!

Hey, you know that your approach to coachT is the way it's intended to be for everybody. I've known who Butchie was and even his dad for years but we never really got to be good friends before we started hanging out here. Had a lot of fun over a few years with HS football. Not always just the Rebels either as you know.There are good people all across the state that just happen to be HS football fans and we can hang out with any of them that kinda act civil and all. We been lucky to meet some fine folks across TN going to football games and hope we meet a lot more. If one can't have fun with HS football you juist might be a bit too serious.

Heck, I understand disappointment with your teams season but ya' just have to have optisimism for the next one and then the next one after that...................... I did notice that during this season the references to my film "career" fell off considerably which gave me a bit of a break from trying to find responses to them so.................. Actually, due to Encroachment on Bethel U into my back yard I had to take out the 12' square hot tub and my 6 person adult square slip and slide but who knows what we might come up with now?

Think I'm gonna try to get Butchie to give me a place in the country back in the woods where I can get back into production and in turn, Butchie and his family can kill all the deer they want there!!! What a deal!!! I'd even throw in 4-5 "Butchie's Buddy's Cookout" a year.

tradertwo, Michael went for his checkup early this week and the Dr. said he's doing great and is ahead of schedule so we're cautiously hopeful that ordeal is history upon full recovery. I had a good freind growing up (actually more like a little brother) that had the same surgery in H.S. and went on to play 4 years in the SEC as a defensive end at Vanderbilt so it can work wonders. George was only 6'1" and 220 lb. but tough as nails. Smallest DE in the SEC and one of the top rated ones at that. Lots of good stories about those times too!!! Don't guess I've even told Butchie any of those stories!? Vandy ain't been too popular to talk about untill the last 3-4 years for most folks!!! LOL Heck I've followed them since I was a kid and they are my favorite team just because i grew up watchin' 'em play.........in person!

Hey, you know that your approach to coachT is the way it's intended to be for everybody. I've known who Butchie was and even his dad for years but we never really got to be good friends before we started hanging out here. Had a lot of fun over a few years with HS football. Not always just the Rebels either as you know.There are good people all across the state that just happen to be HS football fans and we can hang out with any of them that kinda act civil and all. We been lucky to meet some fine folks across TN going to football games and hope we meet a lot more. If one can't have fun with HS football you juist might be a bit too serious.

Heck, I understand disappointment with your teams season but ya' just have to have optisimism for the next one and then the next one after that...................... I did notice that during this season the references to my film "career" fell off considerably which gave me a bit of a break from trying to find responses to them so.................. Actually, due to Encroachment on Bethel U into my back yard I had to take out the 12' square hot tub and my 6 person adult square slip and slide but who knows what we might come up with now?

Think I'm gonna try to get Butchie to give me a place in the country back in the woods where I can get back into production and in turn, Butchie and his family can kill all the deer they want there!!! What a deal!!! I'd even throw in 4-5 "Butchie's Buddy's Cookout" a year.

Life's too short not to try and look to the positive side of everything Duck...if I can't find something good about 'near anything,I generally dont mess with it at all.Some of the teams I'm proudest of didn't have that great of a year in everybody else's eyes,but they did all that they were "supposed to" and then some...and just maybe one of these years everything falls our way.For the career...don't you just hate it when you've got everything all figured out just like you want it,and something you can't control comes along and messes up your little slice of heaven?Hef didn't start at the playboy mansion..it's all about where you finish.HEY...maybe I can help you out with it.Long story short(rest later),I had an exchange student 'bout eight or nine years ago...turns out she's in the buisness(10%'s fair,ain't it?)!!! I'm faithful to the orange,but I'm not one of them Vandy haters...heck I think Franklin is great!If he sticks around I think the 'Dores will be pushin' ten win's shortly,he's gettin' much better talent already,and he has won with the two and three star players.

UT-Martin Quarterback Derek Carr, who threw for 3,276 yards and 31 touchdowns, and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin were named the Tennessee Sports Writers Association player of the year and college football coach of the year, respectively in a vote by TSWA members.

Carr, a 6-foot-1 senior from McKenzie, had a completion percentage of 63.6 percent (264 of 415), while throwing only eight interceptions. He was a second-team All-OVC selection and guided the Skyhawks to an 8-3 overall record and 6-2 conference record.

Carr was part of two of the Ohio Valley Conference’s most memorable games. He completed 42 of 46 passes for 560 yards and seven touchdowns in a 66-59 win over Murray State. Against Jacksonville State, Carr completed 28 of 43 passes for 402 yards and seven touchdowns.

While at McKenzie, he helped lead the Rebels to the 2007 state championship game, where he threw for over 300 yards and three TDs in a loss to South Pittsburg. He was an all-stater and a Mr. Football finalist.

Carr played in the 2012 FCS Senior Bowl and leaves Martin with five career records. He is the son of Kenny and Jackie Carr of McKenzie.

UT-Martin Quarterback Derek Carr, who threw for 3,276 yards and 31 touchdowns, and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin were named the Tennessee Sports Writers Association player of the year and college football coach of the year, respectively in a vote by TSWA members.

Carr, a 6-foot-1 senior from McKenzie, had a completion percentage of 63.6 percent (264 of 415), while throwing only eight interceptions. He was a second-team All-OVC selection and guided the Skyhawks to an 8-3 overall record and 6-2 conference record.

Carr was part of two of the Ohio Valley Conference’s most memorable games. He completed 42 of 46 passes for 560 yards and seven touchdowns in a 66-59 win over Murray State. Against Jacksonville State, Carr completed 28 of 43 passes for 402 yards and seven touchdowns.

While at McKenzie, he helped lead the Rebels to the 2007 state championship game, where he threw for over 300 yards and three TDs in a loss to South Pittsburg. He was an all-stater and a Mr. Football finalist.

Carr played in the 2012 FCS Senior Bowl and leaves Martin with five career records. He is the son of Kenny and Jackie Carr of McKenzie.

That's good stuff. Congrats to this young man from Pirate country!

The UTM vs Murray State game is a pretty good story. The quarterback for Murray State (Casey Brockman) is a boy from Murray who walked on at MSU and is the best QB in their history. He even broke some D1 national records. Good to hear stories of local kids getting the chance and recognition they deserve. Carr is pretty amazing and glad a Reb has done well for Mtown.

Looks like Spivey is gonna be official to McKenzie as d-coordinator. Interesting to see how he and Comer work together. They have very different personalities and approaches to things.

Dont know either of these coaches but I did enjoy listening to Spivey on coaches corner while he was at SF. I'm sure the Rebs will be hard to deal with next year and I hope they win every game except for when they play Dresden.