South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

Defense did in fact win last nights championship.

I told my dad on the ride home last night that Gordonsville's offense is impressive and hard to stop, but i believe their defense is even more impressive. That was a tough pirate team last night. The pirates have played some tough competition this season, but no one held them to 13 points. I kind of appreciate the "gordonsville got lucky" "gordonsville isnt that impressive" "gordonsville won because of pirate turnovers" talk coming out of this game because other team are now believing it. Even a Moore Co fan said last night said they hated losing to eagleville because they would've for sure beaten gordonsville; uhm, ok?

in regards to Coen hitting johnson's johnson; I didn't see it and I was sitting on the south pitt side. Like five guys hit him at the same time. If I would've seen it; id admit it. HOWEVER, i wasnt going to bring it up but since the coen talk is continueing, what I did see that was sheilded from gville fans view was when south pitt was heamed inside the 2 yd line, lankford rared back and punched mccoy hard right in the face, while mccoy was laying on his back AND it was 5 ft from the ref, and nothing was done about that. I actually can't believe their were no personal fouls last night; the refs really let them play for the most part.

Now its on to our next championship; quarterfinal round against Eagleville.

Im with you but....A punch is a punch toss them both but a punch to the face/helmet is more acceptable vs a punch to the nuts

You spent all last week mocking Gville and now here you are on the bandwagon. No one is surprised. Fairweather fan.

What are you talking about? I'm from SP and a SP fan. Everyone knows that and yeah I call out SP's shortcomings and when I think they should win or lose. I could careless about Gordonsville if they win anymore games or not..You obviously didnt grade well in school. So please do yourself a favor and stop talking to me before your feelings get mashed......Who is your team again???

Same thing with SP, if they don't turn it over they probably score. I don't see how anyone can say that game shouldn't have been close all the way through. Yes, Johnson intercepted the ball late but it was on 4th down. The difference was Gordonsville's OLD guys were a little better than SPs younguns. SP returns 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense. I look for them to possibly have a better shot than they had this year. It's hard to replace 20 seniors in 1A football.

Spitt runs the table next year...I said it months ago they were really a year away...It was impressive for me to see this SP team play as well as they did last night. I don't ride the coattails of SP coaches by no means but they had the team ready. Not sure where that's been all year but they were very impressive last night especially on defense...Next year IF these two teams play it won't be close

Same thing with SP, if they don't turn it over they probably score. I don't see how anyone can say that game shouldn't have been close all the way through. Yes, Johnson intercepted the ball late but it was on 4th down. The difference was Gordonsville's OLD guys were a little better than SPs younguns. SP returns 7 starters on offense and 7 on defense. I look for them to possibly have a better shot than they had this year. It's hard to replace 20 seniors in 1A football.

The only difference is that we were closer to scoring, and I know Johnson's int was on 4th down, but Watson had daylight and might've scored running it that's all I said. It was one of the little things that I was talking about.

Like I said earlier, if a couple plays go a little different. SP could've won or Gville could've won by more. Close games are like that.

From what I've seen, I'd say SP played their best game of the year, espcially on defense.

Gville not so much on offense, they played good on defense.

When two great teams play each other, there's going to be some give somewhere.

Total yards were about even between the two teams.

Like I said earlier, If Gville scores the 3 times they're inside the 15. It's lopsided. Lucky to win, maybe. Would SP be considered lucky if they'd won. Maybe.

Hard fought game and both teams played hard.

SP fans mostly are looking through SP glasses, Gville will do likewise. That's the way it goes.

But, calling Gville lucky just seems like an attempt to cheapen their win. If I'm not mistaken, they held Johnson to the lowest rushing yards he had all year along with the team as a whole. 214 total rushing yards is what it says on the Tennessean's site for SP rushing yards. Gville had 224.

Old Pirate given time to put thoughts together & deal with an emotional hard loss says "CONGRATS" to the Pirates on a game that truly proved you guys are winners even in defeat. For the seniors OP says thanks for your play & for wearing the orange & black for you all will be missed. D Johnson- you proved to be a great player with tremendous speed, C Hale- you are a warrior that showed up ever play, J Stone- you are a true competitor with untapped talent and you were the teams defensive leader. D Jones- you thou hurt came back and was a force @ nose guard, S Mckinney- you step up and provided help at LB, Sciffer- you provided valuable depth to a young receiver group. Now for the players returning, lick your wounds take time to relax & reflect on areas that need improvement. SP folkes will set expectations high again in 2013 and this Old Pirate says you should......be a real contender next year......that is.......what sets the Pirates apart......consistancy......not a flash in the pan every 20 years! Again a heart felt "Thanks" to the seniors! Again congrats to GV on the "W" and look out for the Pirates to be ear holing teams next year & look forward to sending GV home nursing their wounds. BTW........"The Pirates Will Be Back Soon" look for them coming to a feud near you next year. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Powerp, did you or pegleg happen to see my Murphy Fair book anywhere last night? I went to get a coke and to the bathroom and I sat it down by the sink in the bathroom and came out to wash my hand and it was gone? If you are pegleg got it and put it in peglegs plane hiding it from me, I am going to be real mad. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, I did see you book. OP was taking it in a stall with him. I don't think it was for reading, cause I heard him ripping pages.

Old Pirate given time to put thoughts together & deal with an emotional hard loss says "CONGRATS" to the Pirates on a game that truly proved you guys are winners even in defeat. For the seniors OP says thanks for your play & for wearing the orange & black for you all will be missed. D Johnson- you proved to be a great player with tremendous speed, C Hale- you are a warrior that showed up ever play, J Stone- you are a true competitor with untapped talent and you were the teams defensive leader. D Jones- you thou hurt came back and was a force @ nose guard, S Mckinney- you step up and provided help at LB, Sciffer- you provided valuable depth to a young receiver group. Now for the players returning, lick your wounds take time to relax & reflect on areas that need improvement. SP folkes will set expectations high again in 2013 and this Old Pirate says you should......be a real contender next year. Again a heart felt "Thanks" to the seniors! Again congrats to GV on the "W" and look out for the Pirates to be ear holing teams next year & look forward to sending GV home nursing their wounds. BTW........"The Pirates Will Be Back Soon" look for them coming to a feud near you next year.

let me add, you young fellas need to hit the weights and if you really want it next year you need to team up with others and start next week.

Roy, I did see you book. OP was taking it in a stall with him. I don't think it was for reading, cause I heard him ripping pages.

What kind of mess is this pegleg, Old Pirate ain't did no sitch stuff, that doctor with them huge probers wounded OP and OP brought the Charmen jest in case....LOPAO......oh.....geez...still painful to laugh! Old Pirate was wondering if any fellers actually down there on the goal line on that xtra point try? Sure thought OP dreams was going to come true. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Congrats GV. What a game. No excuses. Two hard hitting Teams. Good luck next week cause I want you guys to advance in order to meet and beat Greenback ( the most obnoxious redneck fans I have ever encountered) I will certainly be pulling for you guys the rest of the season.

Surely you're not referring to the "fine" Greenback folks in their pick up trucks backed up to the fence all around the visitors stands last year??? All (most) screaming and yelling at teenage kids with some of the most foul language I've ever heard??? Surely you're not accusing them of that....say it ain't so Pearl...