Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

DB's secondary has given up quite a few yards through the air. With that said, Foreman and Swafford have made some huge plays back there. They have had a few interceptions and a few forced fumbles, that's just during the playoffs. If they do happen to pick one off, it stands a good chance to be taken to the house. If DB wins the turnover battle, I think they stand a great chance to win the game. As do most games, I think it will come down to turnovers and special teams.

As ol General Neyland once said..."The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win." Not always true lol...We actually had less turnovers then Murvil last Friday, but still lost. It should be whoever makes the fewest mistakes and capitalizes on the other teams mistakes will win lol

Edited by SweetScience

I'll just be glad when the game starts.It will be great to be there and support the guys and just be a part of something that has been long overdue.These are the games that football fans like myself wish could happen ever week of the year.It's feels good to be watching the Tribe three weeks into the playoffs.Roll Tribe !!

Its not so much our WHOLE secondary is just "average" our two corners are outstanding with Swafford who surprises people how physical he is and doesnt let you off the line, and Foreman is without saying a shutdown corner. What hurts us is our Safety play. Now in the beginning of the year i wasnt a josh holt believer but i will be the first to say i was wrong and he has turned out to be a heck of a player, plus hes only a sophmore. But still, when we get in a situation where we have to have help over the top or our safetys have to come crashing down on a slant thats what really hurts us. I also blame our aggressive play calling defensively. Our LBs blitz so much our safetys or OLBs have no help in the middle. You will see the middle is where Maryville will get their most yards in the passing game. ROLL TRIBE!!

I wonder if GQ has noticed any of these defensive tendencies ? I guess we will see Friday night.

I really don't know why we're even coming down there Friday night. Our boys are small, slow and clumsy anyway. Maybe we should just call it off. Heck, everybody knows we have never beat a team from the Knoxville area so how could we even expect to have a chance against Maryville. :wacko:

Come on Waco , the truth is already out there ,now that Lou Holtz talk won't fly , we've already been told you have speed close to Usain Bolt !! Lol

Maryville fans might need to get your tickets early , it seems these guys weren't kidding about buying all our tickets out !!

Come on Waco , the truth is already out there ,now that Lou Holtz talk won't fly , we've already been told you have speed close to Usain Bolt !! Lol

Maryville fans might need to get your tickets early , it seems these guys weren't kidding about buying all our tickets out !!

Pep, where do you sit? I'm really gonna come up and sit with you if you will let me? lol...You wont be able to miss me, i'll have my OR hat on LOL...

I am surprised that the entire home side is not reserved....better get there early for home side general admission too...estimated that 3,000 will be coming from Kingsport, not counting the band.

Pepvol - you can laugh about our speed today, but you may be crying about our speed Friday night. Heck I am so hopped up about this game I might give Cobb a good run

WaCo - you said DB will have to score every time to keep up with Maryville - ole buddy - I think you have got that backwards - and the Indians do average 50

The DB Secondary keeps getting beat up about how bad they are - thru 12 games they are giving up and average of 125 yds per game - #4 Soph Holt has started at Safety the entire season - he leads the team in INT's and he is now a vetran and a heck of an athlete.

It's Jimmy Leg Time

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

I am surprised that the entire home side is not reserved....better get there early for home side general admission too...estimated that 3,000 will be coming from Kingsport, not counting the band.

Pepvol - you can laugh about our speed today, but you may be crying about our speed Friday night. Heck I am so hopped up about this game I might give Cobb a good run

WaCo - you said DB will have to score every time to keep up with Maryville - ole buddy - I think you have got that backwards - and the Indians do average 50

The DB Secondary keeps getting beat up about how bad they are - thru 12 games they are giving up and average of 125 yds per game - #4 Soph Holt has started at Safety the entire season - he leads the team in INT's and he is now a vetran and a heck of an athlete.

It's Jimmy Leg Time

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

I think your Blood Sugar might be a little Spiked this Morning Art , wasn't laughing at DB's speed at all , I was laughing at you saying that Foreman was so much faster than Randall Cobb , and it wasn't even close , and then you said Foreman was closer to Usain Bolt than Randall Cobb was to Malik Foreman ... now is it coming back to you ? That's the funny stuff , About as funny as it's gonna be if I find you trying to sit in my Spot Friday night !! lol