Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

What a game thanks for another great year. One more to go. Hope everone has safe ride

back home. Stopping off at IHOP, WGAP called a great game. Siegal QB played awsome the

everything he has gome through this week. Our FCA director over Blount Co Stevie Lewellen

spent a few years in Siegal area and went to speak with hlm before game and had some words of '

encouragment. what a grea leader we have working with our yur people.

A first down there ends the game. They were going for the first down. I agree that they could have planned for 4th down territory, but I honestly don't think they thought that they would really be stopped. I don't blame them considering that they hadn't punted but once all game. You can question the coaching there, but I don't think it is that bad really. Take a risk and put the game in the hands of your offense that has already gashed Marvyille for almost 500 yards of total offense.

Exactly what I was thinking, play to your strength.....

A first down there ends the game. They were going for the first down. I agree that they could have planned for 4th down territory, but I honestly don't think they thought that they would really be stopped. I don't blame them considering that they hadn't punted but once all game. You can question the coaching there, but I don't think it is that bad really. Take a risk and put the game in the hands of your offense that has already gashed Marvyille for almost 500 yards of total offense.

i understand what your saying but your playing the clock at that point. if they were on the 20 or closer I agree with you but not on the 40 with about 7 yds to go.

i understand what your saying but your playing the clock at that point. if they were on the 20 or closer I agree with you but not on the 40 with about 7 yds to go.

I think it is debatable. A punt might have been best, but Maryville scored with plenty of time on the clock and only actually needed a field goal to take the lead. So even if you pin Maryville pretty deep then it might be likely that they get within field goal range with around 2 minutes on the clock and 2 time outs. With a game like that I think that the only way to keep the other offense from scoring was to pretty much make sure your offense stayed on the field.

why did Siegel pass on 3rd down and then go for it on 4th? they should have been taking time off the clock or forcing MHS to burn their timeouts. punt on 4th down would have at least had MHS on the 20 instead of the 40. poor coaching by SHS. they had this game.

This sums it up.

Two worst play calls I have seen in a long time.

Congratulations Maryville. The aura just continues to glow! GQ and his Rebs just keep finding ways to win. I caught the last drive on line, and wasn't' surprised at all, almost expected it, just how things seem to roll with Maryville. GREAT program. Much respect for Siegel. I didn't get to see most of the game but was keeping up with it on the twitter sphere. Back and forth. You were worthy of a win tonight as well. Good luck to your QB and his rehab for the ACL.

This sums it up.

its tough to question as if he pulls the 1st down SHS coach is hailed for great coaching -

but they did get too conservative with 2.40 to play - with the first two rush attempts - i understand he is trying to run out the clock but MHS had all its TO and MHS had the box stuffed with defenders.....

then to pass on 3 and 4th downs - I dont know....

no excuses but i will put it out theremaybe on the 3rd or 4th down if ACL is good Stocks runs the ball?

Also did question going into half the 3 and 1 rush play at MHS 7 yd line that got suffed and they ended up with field goal - i think they had 2 TO left- why no pass

This sums it up.

I was reading through the posts and I agree with you. Shoulda ran on third down and punted on fourth down. Even a punt from shotgun formation that is a line drive there would have gone about 25 yards. Make a team go 90 yards there with 1 time out instead of 65 with two.

why did Siegel pass on 3rd down and then go for it on 4th? they should have been taking time off the clock or forcing MHS to burn their timeouts. punt on 4th down would have at least had MHS on the 20 instead of the 40. poor coaching by SHS. they had this game.

how much time on clock when they ran the 3rd down play ? Also if i am mistaken but think MHS had still 2 TO lefts-

tough one to lose but still a great game and bye looks of it SHS earned respect from the MHS faithful....

Still came down to MHS couldnt be stopped on O - they few times they did were INT's and although both scored at will, you had that feeling all game that MHS could do what ever it wanted