South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

By the way. I'm going to take this opportunity to let you guys know I quit The Hustler. Some of you knew I was the sports guy for the paper, but I "retired" (again) a few weeks ago. I took the job four years ago with the understanding that I would do it until they found someone else. I enjoyed doing it, but I'm ready for them to find someone else. It was eating into my fishing, hunting, motorcycling, and church-work time. If any of you guys want to apply for it - go for it.

I've known you and your family for several years and yall are great friends and I want to personally thank you for all the nice work you did for the Hustler. You brought back some credibility to the sports section that has been missing from that paper so long.

Will stone stay on staff? He's gotta feel betrayed.

Is you joking.........the new coach jest got introduced. Stone is a top notch coach & has done a great job in his time at SP. OP ain't thinking betrayal but a great situation for the Pirates if he continues building the baseball program and stays on the futeball staff, a double win for the program!

I've known you and your family for several years and yall are great friends and I want to personally thank you for all the nice work you did for the Hustler. You brought back some credibility to the sports section that has been missing from that paper so long.

Thanks. That means a lot.

If you want to find out more on Coach Ross all you have to do is a search on google. There are tidbits of information out there that would show you what people think of him. I have heard nothing but great things about him from peer coaches of his, to players, to people in the community.

I think it is a great hire. Welcome Coach Ross!

who is ricky ross and where has he coached at, how long has he been a head football coach at and will really makes him right for the position?

Don't recon this feller been a head coach in nothing. Old Pirate sure hopes his skillet slinger ain't gone and taught him the art of covincingability. Us fellers knows his SS is from there and them fellers have the ability to be very convincing. Proved it last spring with the TSSAA caught them cheating. Yep, recon so..... Edited by OLD PIRATE