South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Tough to say? I would say a lot like gatlinburg Pittman. You know what they are going to do but it is tough to stop. Most fans can predict the plays but stopping it is a different story. Lots of 3 back sets with option. They have had a 2k yard rusher the last 4 years at least. Run 90% of the time. Play really good defense always rank in top 5 in state on defense.

With all that said this is suppose to be their weakest team in the last 7-8 years. They will be small compared to years past and very young.

The article says they just reload. It looks like the pirates will have their hands full. Just when I think the schedule might have gotten easier I realize it didn't. Replacing Grace Christian with a team like Bell County is a pretty even trade off. It also appears that Hixson will be solid. SP will have two rough ones before they get a breather week 2.

I believe the "experts" picked Hixson to win their region. SP will get better as the season goes along as long as they stay healthy...

from examiner

6-A

1. Marion County

2. South Pittsburg

3. Lookout Valley

4. Whitwell

*Sale Creek

*- Sale Creek will join district 6-A in 2014 after playing a junior varsity schedule in 2013

District Player of the Year- Blake Zeman, (Marion County, RB, Jr.)

District Coach of the Year- Tim Moore, South Pittsburg

District Players to Watch-Hamilton Shoemaker, (Marion County, RB, Sr.), JaJuan Lankford, (South Pittsburg, RB, Sr.), Kahlil Mitchell, (South Pittsburg, FB/LB, Sr.), Kendall Parham, (Lookout Valley, OL/DL, Sr.), Dusty McHone, (Whitwell, RB, Sr.)

District Defending Champion- South Pittsburg

District Winning Streak- South Pittsburg- 8

District Losing Streak- Whitwell- 22

District Game of the Year- South Pittsburg at Marion County

looks like a lot of people are picking jasper to dominate this year they wont have a tough game til they play sp

I am pretty sure Sale Creek is NOT playing a J.V. schedule this year.

6 am? Are you joking me? These boys cant practice then. They need to be resting then. They can not eat there breakfast if they are practicing that early. I am going to call Grider about this mess. You think im joking but im not.

In the past, players had to feed the cows and horses and then go to practice before going to school. They had to walk 5 miles up hill in the snow both ways to do so while carrying 100 lodge skillets.

Edited by rlh

I believe the "experts" picked Hixson to win their region. SP will get better as the season goes along as long as they stay healthy...

Powerp, what kind of mess is this? I have driven by that Moore mans field the last two evenings to watch practice and there is nobody there and we have a practice game this Saturday. This is a bunch of mess. This Moore man is being lazy like Grider was. We will get beat real bad this Saturday if our boys are not practicing and lifting weights before this game. If I am going down there in a few hours and if those boys are not practicing today I am going to call Grider and that Griffith man. You think im joking but im not.

Powerp, what kind of mess is this? I have driven by that Moore mans field the last two evenings to watch practice and there is nobody there and we have a practice game this Saturday. This is a bunch of mess. This Moore man is being lazy like Grider was. We will get beat real bad this Saturday if our boys are not practicing and lifting weights before this game. If I am going down there in a few hours and if those boys are not practicing today I am going to call Grider and that Griffith man. You think im joking but im not.

Why don't you start with the man you have the issue with? I think you are scared of that Moore man because he played in the SEC.

Roy, those boys have been practicing in the morning before the sun comes up. That Moore man has them waking up with the roosters.

I just got back from Foodland and went down there and talked to this man about this Moore man practicing and he told me you were not joking that these boys were practicing real early in the morning. What kind of mess is this? Did he make sure it was alright to do that with Grider? Grider always practiced in the evening. Is this Moore man going to practice these boys before school when it starts back?

I just got back from Foodland and went down there and talked to this man about this Moore man practicing and he told me you were not joking that these boys were practicing real early in the morning. What kind of mess is this? Did he make sure it was alright to do that with Grider? Grider always practiced in the evening. Is this Moore man going to practice these boys before school when it starts back?

ambassador is right roy boys been practicing hard early in the mornings...seen them one time...them linemen were getting the heck worked out of them and that new qb had a quicker draw on his passes than deputy fife