9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

His boobs may not have nips, but believe me he has a point. Heard some news couple of days ago. I'm kinda like glover. Not my news to spill.

So you have seen his boobs. Thanks for announcing you too have no news to spill. Pointless. 

Anyone else have anything to add from Smith County concerning a great athlete from 9AAA. If so, elaborate.

Are there any plans to rezone next year with all the recent growth around the Station Camp area or just add on to SCHS again?

Mostly informal talks, no concrete plans finalized. The problem is geographically mapping lines to better define Station Camp's community yet balancing out the socioeconomic status amongst schools. 

Station Camp's current zone spreads to the backdoor of 3 schools: 0.9 miles from Gallatin and less than 3 miles from Beech and Hendersonville High Schools. Also, look at how many zones one school boarders: SCHS - 5; PHS - 4; WHHS - 3; BHS - 3; GHS - 3; HHS - 2; WHS - 2

http://trans1.sumnerschools.org/HighSchoolZoneMaps/schzone.pdf

Personally, I do not like the way SCS and the County Commissioners have handled the strategic planning of our schools much less their construction. Sumner County high schools do not allow for growth. By state law, a school has to be built for the current population, not projected growth. Station Camp is a prime example as it is a middle school design that had to have portables almost immediately when it was built and additions within 10 years of being built. It is silly to hear talks of another new high school when the county spends minimal to maintain what we have. Too many schools holding 1,000 - 1,500 students versus less schools holding 1,500 - 2,000 students. Look at the numbers (no privates): 

Sumner County:

Population 166,123 (8 high schools)

2-6A; 3-5A; 1-4A; 1-3A & 1 Magnet School

Wilson County: (4 high schools)

Population 118,961

3-6A; 1-2A

Rutherford County:

Population 274,454 (9 high schools - 1 new in 2013)

7-6A; 1-2A & 1 Magnet School 

Does this affect athletics in Sumner County? Sure. Now debate.

Edited by TheRealTruth

Mostly informal talks, no concrete plans finalized. The problem is geographically mapping lines to better define Station Camp's community yet balancing out the socioeconomic status amongst schools.

Personally, I do not like the way SCS and the County Commissioners have handled the strategic planning of our schools much less their construction. Sumner County high schools do not allow for growth. By state law, a school has to be built for the current population, not projected growth. Station Camp is a prime example as it is a middle school design that had to have portables almost immediately when it was built and additions within 10 years of being built. It is silly to hear talks of another new high school when the county spends minimal to maintain what we have. Too many schools holding 1,000 - 1,500 students versus less schools holding 1,500 - 2,000 students. Look at the numbers (no privates):

Sumner County:

Population 166,123 (8 high schools)

2-6A; 3-5A; 1-4A; 1-3A & 1 Magnet School

Wilson County: (4 high schools)

Population 118,961

3-6A; 1-2A

Rutherford County:

Population 274,454 (9 high schools - 1 new in 2013)

7-6A; 1-2A & 1 Magnet School

Does this affect athletics in Sumner County? Sure. Now debate.

110% agree!! If Gallatin had been in Texas, then there would never had been a Station Camp high school. There would have been a Gallatin High School (9th and 10th) and a Gallatin Senior High School (11th and 12th). But whatever. Station Camp is here to stay. Everybody knows how I feel about the current zoning. I made sure my opinion has been heard to school board people as well. When these next elections come around I will make sure my vote is heard. All I think is logical is to put the kids that need to go to Gallatin back at Gallatin. West Hendersonville can have their area.

110% agree!! If Gallatin had been in Texas, then there would never had been a Station Camp high school. There would have been a Gallatin High School (9th and 10th) and a Gallatin Senior High School (11th and 12th). But whatever. Station Camp is here to stay. Everybody knows how I feel about the current zoning. I made sure my opinion has been heard to school board people as well. When these next elections come around I will make sure my vote is heard. All I think is logical is to put the kids that need to go to Gallatin back at Gallatin. West Hendersonville can have their area.

I edited and added a few things after your post to see as well.

No offense to Station Camp folks but, if a new or expanded Gallatin High School 9th-12th had been built to hold 2000+ (GHS can still hold 1750+ now) in 2002 then we would have seen Hendersonville expand or build to hold 2000+. Beech would soon follow to 6A and Portland would possibly drop to 4A and compete with White House in that district. More money from county on the front end for less expense long term for maintaining buildings and additions on the back end.