ROANE COUNTY FOOTBALL

Apparently not, or if we do we also have the highest enrollment numbers in the nation for 2A ball. 350 multiplies to 630 and they're still in 2A. . . and not even the biggest school in 2A after the multiplier. I think Goodpasture is the largest. Heck Goodpasture's enrollment puts them near the top 20 in 3A. So to answer your question yep we probably do have one of if not the largest in the nation, apparently we've got the only imaginary one as well :D

The 350 enrollment before the multiper puts Grace in Class A. When you put the multipler on them they should be 3A but the tssaa has that rule you can not move up more than one class

Edited by Jet Pride

The 350 enrollment before the multiper puts Grace in Class A. When you put the multipler on them they should be 3A but the tssaa has that rule you can not move up more than one class

Yeah JP, I understand the rule, just don't understand the rule if you know what I mean. If that's the case why have the multiplier. As long as you stay just under the limit in A you'll never have to move up even though with the multiplier they are double the enrollment as everyone in the same class. Either do away with the multiplier or do away with the rule that makes the multiplier useless.

Also the "more than one classification" rule is hog wash. If a school is classified as A then a move to 2A is a single class up. Example Oneida (363) and Gleason (145) are both A just as Alcoa (546) and Scott County (807) are 2A. The split is in the play-off alignment. Then OHS 2A, Gleason A, AHS 3A, SHS 4A. This whole mess is a product of a messed up system of classificaiton compounded by a multiplier rule that doesn't apply to anyone. I think they need another board meeting, with a little research they may be able to find something else to jack around and make no sense. Like I said keep one or the other and go to a 4A or 5A classification, put 8 regions in each class, let the top 4 from each region in the play-offs and let everybody else play round ball until next year. It's all a big joke and no one seems to understand why Tennessee HS football is considered a joke nationally. Heck we give 8 trophies a year including D2. We're passing them out like m&m's on halloween. Anyway, sorry for the rant, had to get the first one of the year out a little early I guess.

At any rate, lookin' forward to week 0, OHS and Rockwood. Should be a good one. (That's my on topic statement)

Yes it is. Similar philosophies, both wanna play tight D then ground & pound on O. Always a good, physical game with these 2.

I'd pay to see it, but we should get game film of the game. Its not nearly as good as watching it live,but alot closer to home. lol

Who is rockwood going 2 replace inman with i know they bring back the long boy who else will share the load. And what is harriman going 2 look like this year

Who is rockwood going 2 replace inman with i know they bring back the long boy who else will share the load. And what is harriman going 2 look like this year

Not quite sure who else will shoulder the load with Long. As for Harriman, they are about a year out from being competitive again. With the weak schedule they have this year i'd give them about a .500 record, that's just my guess to start things out!

I have no dog in this fight since I'm an Oak Ridge fan, but know matter what, to see grown mean get on here and belittle two high school kids is really shameful. Be supportive of the kids that stayed and move on.

Even if Grace did recruit and offer them something, who can blame them for accepting, but the bottom line is most parents would do the same thing if they had the opportunity. I've seen those kids play and both have played hard for Rockwood from little league to high school. The truth of the matter is that they both are good players and none of you all would be whinning about it if they weren't. Rockwood has a good program and will be alright. If it bothers the kids left on the team, work hard in the off-season, summer, and in practice and beat Grace when you play them. That would be all the talking that needs to be done. After the game congratulate them for playing hard and move on.

As for the transfers this is not a new thing, it happens every year both in public and private schools. It only seems to be problem when it comes to someone moving from a public school to a private school. Until the TSSAA changes the rules there is nothing we can do about it.

Back to Roane County Football. I don't know much but I would like to say, I'm glad to see Panky get his opportunity at Kingston. He should bring a lot of excitment to the fans and players.

I have no dog in this fight since I'm an Oak Ridge fan, but know matter what, to see grown mean get on here and belittle two high school kids is really shameful. Be supportive of the kids that stayed and move on.

Even if Grace did recruit and offer them something, who can blame them for accepting, but the bottom line is most parents would do the same thing if they had the opportunity. I've seen those kids play and both have played hard for Rockwood from little league to high school. The truth of the matter is that they both are good players and none of you all would be whinning about it if they weren't. Rockwood has a good program and will be alright. If it bothers the kids left on the team, work hard in the off-season, summer, and in practice and beat Grace when you play them. That would be all the talking that needs to be done. After the game congratulate them for playing hard and move on.

As for the transfers this is not a new thing, it happens every year both in public and private schools. It only seems to be problem when it comes to someone moving from a public school to a private school. Until the TSSAA changes the rules there is nothing we can do about it.

Back to Roane County Football. I don't know much but I would like to say, I'm glad to see Panky get his opportunity at Kingston. He should bring a lot of excitment to the fans and players.

fury:

It goes a little deeper than that. I'm not sure you understand all the parameters of the situation. But then again most outsiders don't.