Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

132 & 138 absolutely will have to be on their game to pull that combo off, like to see 113 & 120 make that happen. 126? I'm beginning to wonder if Debian couldn't give Elijah Oliver a close match now. Keep it a decision and won't doubt the rest. Win for WC on this Cinderella Evening!

Soddy First!

Yes Soddy first

132 & 138 absolutely will have to be on their game to pull that combo off, like to see 113 & 120 make that happen. 126? I'm beginning to wonder if Debian couldn't give Elijah Oliver a close match now. Keep it a decision and won't doubt the rest. Win for WC on this Cinderella Evening!

Soddy First!

Oliver doesn't even wrestle 26. But, Debien has never given Elijah a match. I believe he is 0-5 against Oliver, pinned in about 30 seconds last time they wrestled. Why do you think he could give him a match now??? He has never come close.

Possible matchups:

106- Colton Landers vs Nick King

113- Tristin Blansitt vs Caleb Berta

120- Taylor Bishop vs Christian Cerrito

126- Chris Debian vs Lane Dickeson

132- Austin Stevison vs Austin Richard

138- Ezra Taylor vs Eddie Small

145- Will Haas vs John-Michael Jenkinson

152- Jonathan Martin vs Mike Bimms

160- Aaron Oliver vs John Davidson

170- Josh Hamilton vs Tyler Georgeadis

182- Sam Garcia vs Perry Baltz

195- Ethan West vs Benjamin Liles

220- Koran Kennedy vs John Kramer

285- John Gaither vs Christian Frans

My predictions based on these probables:

106- Colton Landers pin Nick King (6-0 CHS)

113- Caleb Berta dec Tristan Blansitt (6-3 CHS)

120- Christian Cerrito maj Taylor Bishop (7-6 WC)

126- Chris Debian dec Lane Dickeson (9-7 CHS)

132- Austin Richard dec Austin Stevison (10-9 WC)

138- Eddie Small dec Ezra Taylor (13-9 WC)

145- John-Michael Jenkinson dec Will Haas (16-9 WC)

152- Mike Bimms pin Jonathan Martin (22-9 WC)

160- Aaron Oliver dec John Davidson (22-12 WC)

170- Josh Hamilton pin Tyler Georgeadis (22-18 WC)

182- Perry Baltz pin Seth Garcia (28-18 WC)

195- Ethan West pin Benjamin Liles (28-24 WC)

220- John Kramer maj Koran Kennedy (32-24 WC)

285- John Gaither pin Christian Frans (32-30 WC)

Yup, there it is... I said it. Wilson Central upsets mighty Cleveland 32-30. Go ahead and start the "hahahahaha" and "your crazy" and the "your out of your bleepin mind" comments. Its my prediction. My opinion. Instead of sayin how outrageous it is, make your own predictions :) Kramer and Hamm have those kids hungrier than ever and head to toe better than last year. Not to mention they as coaches are pretty hungry themselves. They will come prepared and ready to take on the world. I for one hope this is the finals and cannot wait for a heck of a match

Great call Bump11.  I like seeing this from the fans.  However, it will be more of the same as last year.  Not as bad, but still dominant.

WC wrestled Ryan and Baylor this year; however, they did not wrestle them at full team and still lost.  I see another beat down, not as bad as last year as I see WC winning more than 1 match.  WC is not to the level of Cleveland.  It will be closer, but not that close.

Not sure they will beat Soddy who got hammered by Ryan, however, I do see them beating Soddy and wrestling for the championship against Cleveland. 

Cleveland will bring home another championship.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Here's Mr Gossett, hobbling around working on that Times-News Free Press Bonus! Nice write up, Sir! 

"Different' Cleveland team defending duals wrestling title"

by Ward Gossett

view bio »

Cleveland's Jonathan Martin, right, wrestles Bradley Central's Colter McConnell during the Region 3-AAA duals semifinals. Cleveland's defending champion Blue Raiders are seeded first for the AAA state duals this weekend in Franklin.

Photo by Doug Strickland.

STATE DUALS PAIRINGS

Friday, 4:30 EST

At Williamson County Agricultural Expo

Class AAA

Cleveland (23-4) vs. Beech (21-8)

Knox Halls (21-1) vs. Bartlett (20-6)

Science Hill (22-8) vs. Maryville (18-6)

Cookeville (18-3) vs. Ravenwood (25-6)

Heritage (24-1) vs. Soddy-Daisy (15-4)

Collierville (19-6) vs. Brentwood (16-3)

Blackman (19-5) vs. Bearden (21-7)

Jefferson County (22-12) vs. Wilson Central (24-1)

Quarterfinals, 8:30 EST

Class A/AA

Friday, 6:30 EST

Greeneville (20-3) vs. White House (23-9)

Eagleville (7-13) vs. Central (9-7)

Hixson (25-5) vs. East Literature (10-6)

Alcoa (33-13) vs. Pigeon Forge (20-11)

Semifinals, 8:30 EST

Division II

Friday, 6:30 EST

Father Ryan (20-11) vs. Brentwood Academy (6-12)

Montgomery Bell Academy (18-4) vs. St. Benedict (25-4)

Christian Brothers (15-5) vs. McCallie (9-6)

Briarcrest Christian (15-7) vs. Baylor (20-7)

Semifinals, 8:30 EST

Wilson Central never has won a state wrestling championship, and the upstart Wildcats were on the short end of a record-setting 78-4 beatdown a year ago.

Yet they are centered in conversations regarding this weekend's Tennessee state duals championships in Franklin.

"I haven't talked to the kids about last year. That team was solid up and down the lineup, but a bunch of those guys graduated," Cleveland coach Jake Yost said. "Now we're back with another good team."

Cleveland was the one that dropped like a tsunami on Wilson Central in the championship match, setting finals records for most points, most pins and largest victory margin. It might have been the quickest duals final.

"We don't talk about it. This is a different team, a different group of kids," Yost said. "Now, is Wilson Central thinking about it? I'd think it would be hard for them not to."

Wilson Central is Class AAA's No. 2 seed behind Cleveland, and the Wildcats likely will have to get past Soddy-Daisy before they can get a payback shot at the Blue Raiders.

And Soddy-Daisy is looking forward to it.

"We'd love to wrestle Wilson Central again," Trojans coach Jim Higgins said, "but there are good teams between Wilson Central and us and the semifinals."

Higgins sent three starters home before the last year's tournament began, "and [Wilson Central] kicked us while we were down," he said.

"I'd also like to wrestle Cleveland again, and I know our kids do, too," he added.

Wilson Central has the best record among the Class AAA teams, standing 24-1 along with Maryville Heritage, Soddy-Daisy's first-round opponent.

The Wildcats' loss came three days after Christmas when Baylor ended their 17-meet winning string 34-30, and they've since run off seven more victories. However, almost half of the 24 wins came before the Ooltewah Invitational, always the opener to the strong Chattanooga tournament series.

"I'd think definitely a Soddy-Daisy/Wilson Central match in the semifinals, and if I had to pick a winner I'd pick Soddy-Daisy," Yost said. "I have looked at some of the matchups, and I think that should be a pretty good meet."

As for his own half of the bracket, the Blue Raiders coach professed innocence.

"There are teams there we haven't seen," he said. "We haven't been at the same place as Science Hill. We were at one tournament with Ravenwood and I think they have a pretty solid lineup, but I don't know anything about Beech or Halls or Bartlett."

Chattanooga's representatives in the A/AA bracket are Hixson and Central, while Baylor and McCallie are in the Division II ranks and staring at a possible repeat of last Friday's thriller (won by Baylor by one point). Central won state championships in 2011 and 2012 while Hixson, which has been in the last eight state duals championships, has placed no worse than third in the last six years, including championships in 2009 and 2010. McCallie last won a DII title in 2006; Baylor last captured the DII crown in 2011.

Contact Ward Gossett at wgossett@timesfreepress.com or 423-886-4765. Follow him at Twitter.com/wardgossett.

"Wilson Central has the best record among the Class AAA teams, standing 24-1 along with Maryville Heritage, Soddy-Daisy's first-round opponent.

The Wildcats' loss came three days after Christmas when Baylor ended their 17-meet winning string 34-30, and they've since run off seven more victories. However, almost half of the 24 wins came before the Ooltewah Invitational, always the opener to the strong Chattanooga tournament series."

I could have sworn that Ryan and Baylor both beat Wilson Central.

I could have sworn that Ryan and Baylor both beat Wilson Central.

They have lost 4 times that I know about this year.  Like I stated a long time ago,

some matches either don't get turned in or are not viewable from websites.  Someone

like to comment again about those other three matches that I can't find? 

I watched the Baylor and Ryan matches.  Baylor was not at full strength, and Ryan

had no problems.  They also lost two matches just before Christmas ???  No details can be found.

Edited by HSDAD