Greenback travels to Oneida

orngnblk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats GB, nice win. Boys, the GB O line just won the battle in the trenches. . . Period. We just couldn't stop #1 up the middle. I may post more tomorrow, this one's still a little fresh to talk about much right now.

Thx crow,the o-line was the star of the game tonight!Anderson ran hard and hit the hole hard.Before halftime i went and ask my son what the problem was he said we will get it done,i have to say they really did.Very proud of the kids they were resilient.I dont know how many teams have went to Oneida and turned the ball over so many times gave up practically two touchdowns back to back on kickoffs and came back from a 35-14 score and won.All this talk about who is #1 and who is going to Cookeville you all can save that stuff for later,we have an off week and we need to get some kids healthy,this has probably been the toughest schedule for a 1A team so far this yr and it has been tough on us we need the time off.rockwwod is next and that will be no picnic at their house,but we will talk about that in a week or so.crow i went and shook your coaches hands and told them they have a good bunch of kids,also talked to the west kid after the game he seems to be a good boy and a heck of a football player.Very proud of mine also he laid it on the line tonight just like a Sr should.Have to say good job to Corey Davidson for coming in for Jacob Martin who had to move to center since our center indured a concussion you two and all the lines O and D played with a TON OF HEART!We also had a few kids that had to play injured and that is what being a Cherokee is all about HEART!

It sounds like Greenback is the odds on favorite to represent the east. Just how many turnovers did they have tonight. I've heard Oneida is young. I bet they will be really good in the next few years.

We gave a kickoff up for a TD.The next kickoff very close to another,a pick to the three yard line,fumble on a kickoff.QB went to throw and ball flew backwards out of his hands(fumble).This is very uncharcteristic of our team.Special teams have been a strong suit till this mess tonight.Just glad we had the guts and composure to not let it take us completly out of the game.We have good Sr leadership!

Edited by orngnblk