That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

i think the real underlying crime against humanity here was that marion co. posters briefly occupied the high horse that old pirate has always claimed as his own.

it's good to see that all is right with the world again.

LOPAO....... Feller, Old Pirate ain't never ever claimed or occupied the high horse, jest a self confessed skillet head! Figure if them Jasper fellers trained this coach real good he will proclaim to all ......."I didn't know whats I was doing was wrong".......like them Jasper fellers did with the TSSAA man! Old Pirate ain't jest joking neither......LOPAO......

Sorry, only read first ten pages of this, so it may of been addressed...  WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE THINK THERE WASN'T SUFFICIENT MOTIVATION TO WIN THIS GAME FOR EITHER TEAM??????

This rivalry has a 90 year history that is quite colorful.  For that matter so did the rivalry of SP and Bridgeport.  Since this game was the first time both had been in the same district and a contested title on the line since 1980 because of Jasper being in a higher classification, I suspect someone was trying to channel another era.  However, it just didn't have the style and involved permanent damage. 

LOPAO....... Feller, Old Pirate ain't never ever claimed or occupied the high horse, jest a self confessed skillet head! Figure if them Jasper fellers trained this coach real good he will proclaim to all ......."I didn't know whats I was doing was wrong".......like them Jasper fellers did with the TSSAA man! Old Pirate ain't jest joking neither......LOPAO......

old pirate is lying to himself and back in the saddle... again.

Marion County's head coach needs to give a apology.

I don't remember if it was in the paper or on TV, but Mac's official response so far has been "no comment".

It's just hard to believe a grown man, especially a man of military service, and especially a man who has chosen a path of shaping the lives of young people, would do such a thing.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's innocent until proven guilty.

However, on the other side of the coin, if he is guilty it's a slap in the face to the people of Sequatchie County (he graduated from SCHS), a slap in the face to all veterans, and a slap in the face to the people of Marion County.  And I disagree with the statement "if he's military then he won't squeal".  If being military didn't keep him from doing it, then it won't keep him from squealing.

This just in, Clay Travis from outkickthecoverage.com has just posted his top ten dumbest TN high school football fan bases and Marion County has been voted number 1.

You edged out Hartsville. Of course, if Hartsville were to lose in the near future they can easily reclaim the throne. It will depend on how early they hit the shine and how loud the banjo music is near the creek.

The National Guard has already been put on stand by in case Hartsville and Jasper meet next week. In related news if they were to meet there will be a Mullet and Meth festival just outside the old Paynes Country store at the 4 way stop. Marshall Mathers will be performing and Grunt and Hillboy will be thumb wrestling.

• Upvote 1