That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

It's hard to put into words how dumbfounded I am by all this.  You'd think in nearly 60 years I'd seen it all, but this takes the cake.  It makes me realize just how stupid and childish most of the MC coaching staff is, and just how great the boys are to pull off such a good season with such coaches.  From what I've heard only one coach wasn't in on it.  He may be the head coach this Friday.

A black eye has been placed on this program. The grown men that were looked up to by these kids have let them down horribly. I am very peeved at the moment and proabably should not post, but I will say that I feel sick at what I have heard and read today.

These kids should not be punished for what their so called mentors have done. I hope their is a game and I know that there are enough die hard purple fans with enough coaching ability to atleast be competitive Friday.

I know some on here are just soaking this up and loving every minute of the black eye Marion County has received from all of this. Let us not forget that this is beyond winning and losing, x's and o's, beyond a rivalry. This is those young men being let down by people who are suppose to be teaching them more than football but life lessons.

A black eye is what it is. I am ashamed of those coaches that let those young men down but I will always be proud to be a Warrior.

It's hard to put into words how dumbfounded I am by all this.  You'd think in nearly 60 years I'd seen it all, but this takes the cake.  It makes me realize just how stupid and childish most of the MC coaching staff is, and just how great the boys are to pull off such a good season with such coaches.  From what I've heard only one coach wasn't in on it.  He may be the head coach this Friday.

Pretty sure we all know who that one coach is without naming him

A black eye has been placed on this program. The grown men that were looked up to by these kids have let them down horribly. I am very peeved at the moment and proabably should not post, but I will say that I feel sick at what I have heard and read today.

These kids should not be punished for what their so called mentors have done. I hope their is a game and I know that there are enough die hard purple fans with enough coaching ability to atleast be competitive Friday.

I know some on here are just soaking this up and loving every minute of the black eye Marion County has received from all of this. Let us not forget that this is beyond winning and losing, x's and o's, beyond a rivalry. This is those young men being let down by people who are suppose to be teaching them more than football but life lessons.

A black eye is what it is. I am ashamed of those coaches that let those young men down but I will always be proud to be a Warrior.

+1

Agreed. Trying hard to remain neutral til some dust settles; would like to hear from some Marion supporters.

nohope, Old Pirate says this is far worse than what happened at Temple a few years back. Two TSSAA rules violations in less than two years. Jasper supporters that knew about Raquis Hale practicing surely knew that was a very serious violation. That said it is the job of administrators to know and show control over the athletic programs. It will be impossible to plead ignorance again to that Childress man. All that said look for the TSSAA to punish Jasper much like or worse than Temple. Point here, theys going to be a HEEP of slow walking and sad singing before this is over. The best thing coming from this is the players will be like those at Temple after their program was shut. The players would be free to transfer to any school without having to sit out a year! Recon that would be the closest thing to consolidation this county will ever see! Edited by OLD PIRATE