That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

I still think Mac is a good coach from a technical standpoint, and I think he is a good man.  I like to think most people are basically "good", but we all certainly have our flaws and we make mistakes.  I'm sure he felt tremendous pressure from the community to win the rivalry games, and he exercised extremely poor judgement and character.

It does not appear that he has the judgement and character necessary to coach high school athletics.  I could say the same thing about a lot of current coaches.  I do not, however, relish in kicking a man while he is down.

Ok mountaintroll I can respect your opinion on old mac but a good man would have came out took responsibility for his involvement in the matter when young kids was getting blamed for a FELONY CRIME but am sue you  got a whole warehouse full of sugar to put on this  old mac scandal.

it's nothing to me, just like you. i'm just calling you out on your pettiness. 

this whole situation is based on people seizing every opportunity to be worst of what people can be and you are adding to it. find a better use of your time or you're no better than the people you are judging.

While you running your lollipop sucker I can add to what I want to add to. I don't work for you snoball5278 so don't tell me how to use my time.  snoball5278 keep it moving.

Edited by rc213v

snoball I have not read anything that reflects that this guy should not be punished if responsible.  I am with you.  This guy did not commit murder, but maybe made a failed attempt to motivate his players.  Sometimes if you are put in that situation you just need to tell the truth.  I told my kids while down to Sp my first year as head coach 28 to 7 that I have tried to come up with a half time speech but it all sounded like bs in my mind.  What was I going to tell my players?  I just went in and said I did not have a half time speech, and that I was sorry.  However it did come to me that what I did know was that Sp will put 100 on us if they can..  My kids were crying as going out onto the field and we almost come back for the win.  I felt bad because I felt as if I had gave the worst halftime speech of all time.  As a previous poster said, it does not take much to motivate the players when playing in county teams.  It is usually all good afterwords, but for those 4 qtrs.nothing else really matters.   

Last year, at my school, we had an asst. coach charged and arrested for having sex with a high school girl.  Today he pled guilty for that crime.  THAT was something to angry about.  Put what these coaches did in perspective.  It really dosent' warrent all this hate.  Just my opinion.

Ok mountaintroll I can respect your opinion on old mac but a good man would have came out took responsibility for his involvement in the matter when young kids was getting blamed for a FELONY CRIME but am sue you got a whole warehouse full of sugar to put on this old mac scandal.

While you running your lollipop sucker I can add to what I want to add to. I don't work for you snoball5278 so don't tell me how to use my time. snoball5278 keep it moving.

You will learn in time why the accusations were made against the South Pittsburg kids and you will also learn how early on some people in high places were assured that those kids were not involved. A lot of people are assuming a lot of things without knowing all the facts.

You will learn in time why the accusations were made against the South Pittsburg kids and you will also learn how early on some people in high places were assured that those kids were not involved. A lot of people are assuming a lot of things without knowing all the facts.

Oldindian1 I said man a good man would have came out took responsibility for his involvement in the matter when young kids was getting blamed for a FELONY CRIME.

A lot of truth in this post but weren't you guilty of the part in bold concerning your friend in the beginning?  I know thoughts and feelings change as more info comes out but you were pretty adamant about his innocence without knowing the facts.  Although it is obvious that he was working under orders and isn't fully to blame he still should know right from wrong and this was definitely wrong.  

Look guys this Man is still denying all allegations. He said he is being plotted on. This man is a Cancer period! My God it will come out today the text were they wanted to hurt opponents kids for Christ sakes! And his past is all littered with the same crap. Even a Dui

Edited by Geno

A lot of truth in this post but weren't you guilty of the part in bold concerning your friend in the beginning? I know thoughts and feelings change as more info comes out but you were pretty adamant about his innocence without knowing the facts. Although it is obvious that he was working under orders and isn't fully to blame he still should know right from wrong and this was definitely wrong.

Yes it was wrong. No one is saying it wasn't. But I assure that this practice of doing things that are "wrong" to motivate teams is as old as the game of football it's self. My dad has told me of some crazy things that happened back in his day that exceeds the painting of field houses. Just a bad decision to follow orders of a bad leader.

Ok mountaintroll I can respect your opinion on old mac but a good man would have came out took responsibility for his involvement in the matter when young kids was getting blamed for a FELONY CRIME but am sue you  got a whole warehouse full of sugar to put on this  old mac scandal.

While you running your lollipop sucker I can add to what I want to add to. I don't work for you snoball5278 so don't tell me how to use my time.  snoball5278 keep it moving.

i'm allowing you to do what ever you like, including making yourself look like a petty little man. and i like seeing you use the standard and sophomoric reply "i can do what i want.. no body tells me what to do." argument. you have my permission to continue, until i decided otherwise. carry on for now, little big man.

Edited by snoball5278

good post. these people aren't evil, they just made several consecutive stupid decisions.

the self righteousness of the people that get on here, with their laptops elevating from their laps as they log on, too rub it peoples faces are the same type of people that helped create the more toxic animosities that laid the ground work for something like this to eventually happen.

what happened to forgiveness? what happened to being the bigger person, especially when it isn't convenient and you don't really want too, or even just being big enough to pity the people that did this, rather than making sure you don't miss your opportunity to pour you own jug of gas on the fire. 

why is it when sports are involved that we all forget the lessons we learn on sundays?

+1