HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

I like the practice reports. Especially on the football challenged kids who scrimmage on mondays - this week on tuesday. It is good to hear about those working extra hard to get on the field. The challenged qbs looked good yesterday.

It was good to see #13 and #16 back at practice this week. Both had missed 8 or 9 weeks because of injury. Glad they will get to dress for the Championship game.

Good knews all arownd 5Star...... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

HHS is a midweek 87.1 point favorite, should benefit from wintry conditions, has the underdog mentality, meeting an opponent who may think the "big" game was last week, a great sporting nickname, less distance to travel, playing great at the right time, and has "The Bus" playing fullback.

No doubt murvil will have its hands full.

Riggs was blasted that night. I think he got like 67 yards total but the Rebel D made him pay for every yard and he was no help to his team. One of my son's told me he was soft and went down easy. I don't think he took a snap in the 4th quarter. He came out by himself after his team all pretty, strutting around to show out and it just fired them Rebel's up.

Kind like the Semi game when TN High was undefeated and ranked ahead of the rebels and major trash was printed in the Knoxville rag and in the Bristol Paper about how much better TN High was than MHS, bigger, faster and too much talent. The ole' smoking helmet entrance thing occurred and the rebels tore them up for like 42-Zip in the first half. There are a few teams who have come into the Skeeter over the years and got their butts handed to them.

Maryville over looks NO ONE but if a team comes in with anything looking like disrespect, it could be a mistake.

Yeah I remember that TN High game as it was extremely cold, place was packed, we sat on the visitor side because they didn't bring a band, and the Rebels handed them an old fashioned East Tn dawg whoopin' at the Skeeter!!!! However I think Riverdale showed the most disrespect setting up their pup tent with smoke, flags along the bleachers, and their crossed tomahawks thinking they were going to intimidate the Rebels on our turf.....whipped them too!!! Respect all, fear NONE!!!........RatPack...........  

I'll look for you , and Maybe you could meet the World Famous RebelRon too !!

Hey MaryvilleRebels , you coming this year ? Would Love to have you there Man !

Yea, PepVol, I am planning on being there.  Not sure where I will be sitting, but I'll be weathering the storm with the rest of the crew.  It's been a long time since I've been able to go to the state game.  Pretty excited about it, and I hope we have a good competitive game where Maryville brings home the gold!

They run the wing-t. Hatfield is one of the best at it. They run a lot of fullback dive and bucksweep. They will throw it on occasion but prefer to keep it on the ground and pound it out. They run a base 50 defense.

Solly GWave iz rite tha best eye cain tell....Eye ain't seed a hole lott ov viddy-o tho...Ewe and tha littull man gonna bee inn Cookevul???..... :popcorneater: