Who would Ya'll pick for Preseason 1A top 10?

BigDave1967

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yeppers, with all the great players returning from championship team, UC "should be" fav to repeat.. but one never knows about Friday Night Lights, do they? I LUV the unpredictability of football and almost weekly WOW surprises. I a perennial puller for the underdogs, except of course when they playing da Black & Gold! :) mega kudos & respect to UC team IF they do repeat, and to all such teams doing that feat... talk about a HUGE accomplishment. ... dude!

Of course, UC is the favorite and should be.

Nashville Christian returns ALOT.

Coalfield lost a lot but return Stewart and Bible. Those two players alone will win some games for them.

SP is always a contender.

Gordonsville will be improved. If they can fill some holes in the line left by graduation and position changes they'll be a top 10 team.

Do not sleep on Fayetteville. Last year was their year to settle in. They return a lot of talent and a good coach. They remind me a lot of SP in the makeup of their team. They'll be a contender for years to come.

These are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hevyrevy1611

We've been speculating, predicting, hoping.. but will there even be this current 1A class as we now know it, or will TSSAA change everything topsy-turvy again like rumors say? ... sigh... time will tell.

I agree that my Tornadoes (UC) should be ranked in the top 2 or 3 coming into the season. However repeating as state champions is a tough task to perform. So many things can happen in the course of a football season to derail a football team that it requires a deep reserve in all the skilled positions and a coaching staff who can keep the kids focused. Even then a great deal of luck has to come into play. Then there is the huge target that is  placed on the returning champions. Every team on the schedule knows when UC is coming up and will prepare even harder the week prior. I hear that some of the schools we beat last year were working on stoping the Veer in the spring and will add more work in the pre-season. I think we will have to be even better this year to repeat. The boys are working hard in the wieght room and according to the players, the championship is in the past and they are focused on getting better and that's all. That's all for now.