Mairvul Footbawl 2014

STARSNBARS

There are 2 exceptional to-be sophomores (including #31) that could both eventually be standouts on offense. I believe whichever one moves to defense will turn into that ball hawking safety. You're right, it's always good to see #26 on the field.

Any update on the music recommendations for halftimes? Some Isaac Hayes and Magnificent Seven tunes would be awesome!  :popcorneater:

Our halftime show is most likely going to be a Spanish-Jazzy show. We'll be playing selections from Stan Kenton. And Shaft is in the mix for stands tunes. 

Edited by MurvulDrummer

Maryville should have an outstanding team in 2014.

On offense Maryville returns 6 starters. 3 on the Oline return. #59,56 and 72. RB Jalen Burgess returns. TE Bryce Miller returns. WR Kelby Brock and Tyler Vaught return even though Vaught will probably play QB. I look for Jalen Nickerson and Jordan Irvin to step up at RB. #43 will be a good RB also. I look for Brian Tillery to step up at receiver. I am sure some Olinemen will step up also. Offense will be fine.

On defense Maryville should be awesome. The whole front 7 returns. Dline will be one of the best in school history. Dylan Jackson gets a lot of attention. Dylan is a great player. Ritchie Koons is a beast. Kyle Withrow and Matt Young are really good. Very capable backups also. LB is really good with Ethan Dudley,Dylan Shinski and TD Blackmon.  Paul Bristol is the only returning secondary player. He is really good. He runs in the 4.5 4.6 range. I look for Evan Porter,Josh Youkan and some other kids to step up.

Kicking game should be solid. Punters name escapes me but he is really good.  I know he is only an upcoming junior.

On offense Maryville returns 6 starters. 3 on the Oline return. #59,56 and 72. RB Jalen Burgess returns. TE Bryce Miller returns. WR Kelby Brock and Tyler Vaught return even though Vaught will probably play QB. I look for Jalen Nickerson and Jordan Irvin to step up at RB. #43 will be a good RB also. I look for Brian Tillery to step up at receiver. I am sure some Olinemen will step up also. Offense will be fine.

On defense Maryville should be awesome. The whole front 7 returns. Dline will be one of the best in school history. Dylan Jackson gets a lot of attention. Dylan is a great player. Ritchie Koons is a beast. Kyle Withrow and Matt Young are really good. Very capable backups also. LB is really good with Ethan Dudley,Dylan Shinski and TD Blackmon.  Paul Bristol is the only returning secondary player. He is really good. He runs in the 4.5 4.6 range. I look for Evan Porter,Josh Youkan and some other kids to step up.

Kicking game should be solid. Punters name escapes me but he is really good.  I know he is only an upcoming junior.

Maryville will be a Champion once again in 2014. Coach Quarles will always have excellent teams year in and year out that is just the type of coach that he is.

The kicker is #90 Luke Orren

I think the defense will be as good or maybe even better next year but have some concerns regarding the offense. Face it if we had not had Prevo and Garrett we would have got our brains beat out by Blackman. Both of those players were all stars at their positions as far as high school football goes and their replacements will have the world on their shoulders. We may have a clue who those leading the pack to fill those positions might be but it is very well known that those will be the weak part of the team next year so other parts of the team will have to make up for those major losses.

BS2007....Maryville's Offense will be fine. John Garrett's come along very seldom but Maryville has always had good QB play....and they will next year. The running game will be brutal for opponents next season and  GQ will always have success throwing it around the field. The diversity of a Maryville's Offense is their strength and will always be difficult to impossible to stop as long as GQ is at the helm. I wouldn't worry too much. If the defense plays as well as speculated there will be a lot of boring games this season, unless you enjoy blow-outs.

My concern regarding QB position is three of them will not be in spring practice because they play baseball. I understand that some kid has transferred here from another school that plays QB but don't know anything other than that. Sure would be nice to have them all there for spring practice. I'm sure there will be one or two get put at new positions due to the large number that are playing that position.