Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

The secret to Maryville's success is a lot of the things we have mentioned, but I think the biggest is the feeder programs. The little league teams run the same basic offense that Qualres and Co do at the HS level. Why nobody else adopts this way of thinking I will never know. I have been screaming for Oak Ridge to for years now.

How silly.....Sweet, trust me, the feeder programs at 7-8 and 9-10 are NOT running the same basic offense of GQ.....it is hilarious how much I read this.  I guess everyone is trying to come up with a reason the high school has won so much and this sounds good, but its just not true.  If you don't believe me, go on a Maryville thread and ask OldRebel2 or MLREB, see what they tell you......and they should know.  Their feeder programs are great and they get coached well, and that is a big help to the middle school and high school down the road, but running the same basic offense as GQ......sorry, it don't happen.

I have to concur with Jake on this one. The notion that Maryville's greatness comes from its feeder programs running the high school offense is incorrect. The feeder programs run offenses and defenses that best fit the athletic talents and abilities of age 9 to 12 boys. All of Maryville's good feeder programs do an excellent job in this instruction and deliver it in a professional manner.

The one sure way to get beat like a drum in youth football is to run an offense that is too complicated or exceeds the physical abilities of your players. The good feeder programs stick to executing the basics well, i.e. running, blocking and tackling with correct technique. The bad ones are trying to run the play they saw on Monday night football.

How silly.....Sweet, trust me, the feeder programs at 7-8 and 9-10 are NOT running the same basic offense of GQ.....it is hilarious how much I read this.  I guess everyone is trying to come up with a reason the high school has won so much and this sounds good, but its just not true.  If you don't believe me, go on a Maryville thread and ask OldRebel2 or MLREB, see what they tell you......and they should know.  Their feeder programs are great and they get coached well, and that is a big help to the middle school and high school down the road, but running the same basic offense as GQ......sorry, it don't happen.

I'm just going by what I have heard on here. I haven't a clue what they do. I always thought it was rather silly too, but I had just always heard it , so I figured it was truth.

In the smaller leagues they have been very lucky to have had the same coaches for many years and most do progress up the ladder but when they get to the junior high most of the kids play both ways and when they get to the high school they either play on one side of the ball and a very few do get chances to see both sides. 

SS....Eye haiv two agree wif jake, Scots, and Barn......

Now baick inn tha Knee-Ander-Thawl daze Mairvul Hi did runn "44 wham" inn their wishbone tha saim az Diddy Don Sentell's 11-12 yeer old wishbone.....And we haid a runninbaick thait carried tha bawl in thait wishbone thait wood "44 wham" ennythang inn his way (friend ere foe).......So we tried two block hit and git out ov tha way...inn a hurry... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS