Public/Private Split

dawg101

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as last time. Time for public schools to pull out and form another association.

Heres the issue, most public schools do not care I wouldn't say its a long shot to say the vast majority of TSSAA's funds are coming from football, and realistically privates do not really effect the majority of the divisions.  4a? 5a?  1a?  The fact is, the charge partially led by trousdale county, why wernt they complaining when they were dominating a few years ago?  times become relatively rough so they need to make excuses or whatever. The TSSAA is probably laughing at them, I know I would be.  

Heres the issue, most public schools do not care I wouldn't say its a long shot to say the vast majority of TSSAA's funds are coming from football, and realistically privates do not really effect the majority of the divisions.  4a? 5a?  1a?  The fact is, the charge partially led by trousdale county, why wernt they complaining when they were dominating a few years ago?  times become relatively rough so they need to make excuses or whatever. The TSSAA is probably laughing at them, I know I would be.

Rough times??? Didn't they win the whole thing?

I love this debate. You think the public schools coaches are mad right now at these private schools?? Wait until all of the privates go D2 and can financial aid and offer all those star players on those public school teams money for tuition. Then those coaches will be whining about that. There is no solution that is going to satisfy everyone. Then you have open enrollment with public schools to deal with also. If Ensworth gets dorms and starts boarding they will have athletes from all over the country, not just Tn. I would love to see a split actually and Trousdale Co will still not be the best team in the state only second best to the D2 single A champion!!!

Leave it alone, city and county schools need to take note of Maryville and Alcoa. Figure out how to play within the TSSAA rules starting in 7th grade and build a program.

Alcoa builds a program from all county's surrounding them and anyone who wants to travel there to play ball because of open enrollment. Let's not act like all those kids are zoned for Alcoa. As far as rules are concerned. If you want to split public and private fine do so that would be great in my opinion but then all public school kids go to the school they are zoned for regardless of race, and then you will have another complaint because little Johnny is only two miles over the line, but wants to play for Alcoa and you will be the first one in line trying to get that Zone stretched. Play the game regardless of where you are, play the game regardless of who you have to play. Playing better and stronger competition only makes athletes better and stronger. It almost sounds like the bully syndrome where if you cant pick on the little guy then you find some other little guy to pick on, and you never want to fight someone bigger or better than you!

Saul replied, “You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a young man, and he has been a warrior from his youth.â€

As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.