AA top 10

knightsfan

#13 in the middle is a beast. A man among boys.

Defensively, the team isn't particularly strong. They can be attacked down the flanks. And they lost their starting keeper a couple of games/weeks ago.

Offensively, they don't build the attack. Instead, they want to attack 1 v 1. They are dangerous on set pieces though.

Put a quick player as a permanent shadow on #13, and he loses his mojo.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merrol Hyde played well and actually controlled most of the mid-portion of the game, substituting lots of fresh legs.  #7 was far and away their best and fastest player.  However, Signal totally dominated the first and last 12 minutes of the game. 

So . . . the Eagles fly up to the 'Boro Thursday to take on the Tigers.  Two of the remaining undefeateds.  Should be a good game.  Signal will need to hustle and attack for 80 minutes, but I think we can play with anybody in A-AA.

Unfortunately, I'z got a hot date in ewtewah Thursday night, so I will just have to send some of my spirits up with the boys.  We need to go up and whoop some cheatin' magnet school butt, so we can make @reaction's boys or the ChattMagnets drive the W-road for theirs.  smiley-cool05.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

What's up with "cheating magnet school" comment?

Good game with MHMS and Signal tonight. Hard fought, score doesn't tell the whole story. I'd say the young keeper for MHMS as a freshman who hasn't played since he was 3 played a fine game. Good test for him and he will only grow stronger and with this type of experience, he'll go far. Signal has some good players though dramatics should be removed from the contest. MHM Boys played with a lot of heart and came back to make a game of it. The coaches get great play from those fellows. Graduating 6 seniors, I believe, and 2 signed to play in college. Fun team to watch.

Contest Thursday will be a good test for Central magnet and Signal. They play a similar game. I think Signal may have some bigger,stronger guys but Central's midfield play is very strong. They both like to take a flop (what is going on this year) and slide tackle.

On a different note, the MHM coach has started a special needs soccer team for youth in middle Tennessee. Over for the spring, but other teams/schools should pitch in and spread the word- Soccer Stars in Hendersonville. Great guy, Coach Carr.

What's up with "cheating magnet school" comment?

Good game with MHMS and Signal tonight. Hard fought, score doesn't tell the whole story. I'd say the young keeper for MHMS as a freshman who hasn't played since he was 3 played a fine game. Good test for him and he will only grow stronger and with this type of experience, he'll go far. Signal has some good players though dramatics should be removed from the contest. MHM Boys played with a lot of heart and came back to make a game of it. The coaches get great play from those fellows. Graduating 6 seniors, I believe, and 2 signed to play in college. Fun team to watch.

Contest Thursday will be a good test for Central magnet and Signal. They play a similar game. I think Signal may have some bigger,stronger guys but Central's midfield play is very strong. They both like to take a flop (what is going on this year) and slide tackle.

On a different note, the MHM coach has started a special needs soccer team for youth in middle Tennessee. Over for the spring, but other teams/schools should pitch in and spread the word- Soccer Stars in Hendersonville. Great guy, Coach Carr.