Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

About Meadows: he has been very nomadic, the people that know him on a personal basis will tell you that there were some explanations behind most of the moving....and most that I have talked to that know him on a personal basis have expressed that he is a good man. I could see the job at SCHS as being a place that he would probably stick around for a while. I used to be one that knocked him for all of the moving he did, but a good friend of mine is a good friend of their whole family, and he told me a lot of things that made me look at things a little differently. But, whether you like him or don't like him, the man is a good football coach, and has proved it everywhere he has been.

Of course he had good reasons for his moves but he has been dishonest at times and that is why the people at WB were bent out of shape at him.. He lied to the boys faces in the locker room in the spring of '09 and told them he wasn't going anywhere... And the next day he was gone.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Brewer has been a CEO type coach past few years, but he also had 2 very good coordinators that had been there a LONG time, ratledge was there before Brewer. He also had several good assistants that played for Brewer when they were in high school. That was the right thing for Brewer to do

If Meadows can convince the committee that he's serious about a long commitment then he has a real shot at it. I know the x's and o's will be there as we'll as the ability to motivate players. After p forge took our dc, I'd enjoy taking their head coach lol

I believe Meadows will stay for a while if he got it.....he would be a fool not to stay.  I really think that if Catholic would have been in the division they were suppose to be in (which they are now) when Meadows was there, he would have stayed there for quite a while.  But they were having to compete with 6A schools, and he started getting a lot of pressure when he couldn't lead them to great records in that district.  If you guys ever want to compete with Maryville, he is the guy to lead you to do that.

I believe Meadows will stay for a while if he got it.....he would be a fool not to stay.  I really think that if Catholic would have been in the division they were suppose to be in (which they are now) when Meadows was there, he would have stayed there for quite a while.  But they were having to compete with 6A schools, and he started getting a lot of pressure when he couldn't lead them to great records in that district.  If you guys ever want to compete with Maryville, he is the guy to lead you to do that.

For a program that has had the same coach for the last 21 seasons, I dont know if that is a risk you want to take. Meadows has won every where he has been at, but SCHS could wait after the 2014 season to do a search for a permanent head coach, where they can get a coach just as good as Meadows without all the baggage that it brings (He has never been anywhere longer than 4 years). Sevier Co. is one of the top jobs in ET and one of the better job in the whole state, it would draw a large pool of coaches, IMO

Hold on rebel fans the word on the street has the d coordinator from the beloved all star squad as the leader in the clubhouse. Maybe his trash is piling up and he wants lifetime passes to dollyworld not every program can offer that up.

GoBears!!

Won't happen. Gaylor left Clinton to get away from being a head coach and he did very well when he was there. He has battled some bad back problems over the years and to be honest I'm really surprised he has stayed this long. The man can walk out and retire today and being in his upper fifties isn't going to be around much longer if that were true. The man is also Maryville's baseball coach and he wasn't at 70% of spring practice because of that. How would that work out in the situation of being a head coach. Just lucky we have some good coaches that can fill in for him during that time of the year which is great.

About Meadows:  he has been very nomadic, the people that know him on a personal basis will tell you that there were some explanations behind most of the moving....and most that I have talked to that know him on a personal basis have expressed that he is a good man.  I could see the job at SCHS as being a place that he would probably stick around for a while.  I used to be one that knocked him for all of the moving he did, but a good friend of mine is a good friend of their whole family, and he told me a lot of things that made me look at things a little differently.  But, whether you like him or don't like him, the man is a good football coach, and has proved it everywhere he has been.

I know Scott and his wife Patty on a personal level and like your friend told you there were reasons. One of the worst things that a young family could ever imagine or go through is the death of a young child and that is what they went through when he was at Alcoa. Scott is a great person and I'm very lucky to say I have had the pleasure of knowing him for over fifteen years now. i really hope beyond hope that he gets this job because he is the right person. I know for a fact he can take Sevier County to another level. 

Hold on rebel fans the word on the street has the d coordinator from the beloved all star squad as the leader in the clubhouse. Maybe his trash is piling up and he wants lifetime passes to dollyworld not every program can offer that up.

GoBears!!

Is it the D coordinator or the LB coach as another poster indicated.....I don't see their coordinator leaving, he has already retired from teaching and has a pretty good gig as the coordinator for the football team and the head coach of the baseball team (which according to many is his favorite sport)......so I don't see that happening.  Now the LB coach may be another story, I think this is Coach Upton, and am pretty sure he played at Jeff County and Penn St., I could see him coming back closer to home, but I am not sure why SCHS would want to hire someone with no head coaching experience or coordinator experience, unless he has some experience that I don't know about......seems to me that would be a much bigger risk than going ahead and hiring Meadows.