Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on rebel fans the word on the street has the d coordinator from the beloved all star squad as the leader in the clubhouse. Maybe his trash is piling up and he wants lifetime passes to dollyworld not every program can offer that up.

GoBears!!

Speechless...

Just going to say it like it is and from what I saw last year. I went to watch the freshman game last year and Maryville had fifty six kids and Sevier County had twenty two players total and Maryville beat the crap out of them. I kind of thought at the time Sevier County is going to be in trouble in a few years if they have another class or two like this and all the sudden Brewer retires out of the blue a few weeks ago. The closest train wreck that Maryville ran into was the Heritage freshmen but there was no doubt Sevier was the worst freshman team we played. I will go out on a limb and say this that Maryville's second team may be the second best 6-A team in East Tennessee. It took a long time to build something like this kind of monster, fifteen years.  Now if things did happen Gaylor did want to come back again as head coach everyone at Maryville would support him on his decision and wish him well. It took a long time for Maryville to get to where it is at and it wasn't built by just one or two people but a group of good coaches. I personally saw a major dumpster fire with the Sevier County freshmen last year and if I were a coach looking to jump on that band wagon I would have some deep concern.

Just going to say it like it is and from what I saw last year. I went to watch the freshman game last year and Maryville had fifty six kids and Sevier County had twenty two players total and Maryville beat the crap out of them. I kind of thought at the time Sevier County is going to be in trouble in a few years if they have another class or two like this and all the sudden Brewer retires out of the blue a few weeks ago. The closest train wreck that Maryville ran into was the Heritage freshmen but there was no doubt Sevier was the worst freshman team we played. I will go out on a limb and say this that Maryville's second team may be the second best 6-A team in East Tennessee. It took a long time to build something like this kind of monster, fifteen years. Now if things did happen Gaylor did want to come back again as head coach everyone at Maryville would support him on his decision and wish him well. It took a long time for Maryville to get to where it is at and it wasn't built by just one or two people but a group of good coaches. I personally saw a major dumpster fire with the Sevier County freshmen last year and if I were a coach looking to jump on that band wagon I would have some deep concern.

Nothing done yet, but Gaylor is the hot rumor. For now. You're right about the freshmen team, but I believe our freshmen went undefeated the previous 3 years. There is some talent there. As for Maryville 2nd team, I agree. From what I saw last year, the rebels' 3rd string would best most 6a teams. The depth at Maryville is unreal