Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to go on record and say that the school superintendent in Sevier County is maybe the worst sports guy in the state. Everything that the Bears have been able to do have been in spite of that guy. He is a GP guy so it will be fitting to see him give that job to the Hammonds son it will end up in the situation that pigeon forge was in. Hammonds SR is a good coach his son not so much.  :popcorneater: 

GB

GB89 my sorecees ere tellin' me thait a rilly good wr/db iz leevin' SC two......Ewe hurd thait...???..... :popcorneater:

Not sure stars I have heard that 2 but my sources say that only austin is gone or leaving. Who was a rilly good wr/Lb.

Edited by gobears89

He will look good in Red and Black as he suits up for the ET All Stars...

Good point on the hiring process 89. It may be difficult to follow Brewer with similar quality. I am surprised the pay scale and insurance is not more competitive in a county that rakes in the tourist dollars.

He will look good in Red and Black as he suits up for the ET All Stars...

Good point on the hiring process 89. It may be difficult to follow Brewer with similar quality. I am surprised the pay scale and insurance is not more competitive in a county that rakes in the tourist dollars.

Nobody looks good in red and black. The bandwagonallstars my well keep rolling but you will not look good in anything other than purple.

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89

Can they improve on last years season?

New QB and new DC so spring should be fun to watch. I think the oline will be very good and the skill guys are good but not as deep as last year. Big question can the d get better? I know the new DC will be more of a players coach and he has been under the old guy for 20 years so not much lost in x's and o's. Personnel will be the key in my mind, they need some of those JV guys to step up and help the d improve and can the coachs get the right guys in the right positions in time for the season opener (Bearden on the road with revenge on their mind should be tough). The offense will be very good so that may buy some time defensively to get the right guys in place, but with Bearden DB and the east tn allstars all in the 1st half of the season they better have a good spring and summer or they could be 2-3 to start the year.

Early early season prediction Bears 14-1 State Champs. But you never know they may win them all!

GoBears!!!