Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

I think depth is a problem for everybody against the allstars. I dont think meadows is in the mix at least I have not heard that. My money is on Brewers son getting the job but who knows at this point only random rumors. Sounds like Meadows is a good coach though and as a PF tiger fan Im glad they have him. They also have a good d coordinator at PF that left SC & I cant say that I wouldnt like to see that combo back at SC. I guess my only concern with hiring within is will that person be able to LEAD or will their be to many hens in the hen house?

GB

I figure they will go in house but my suggestion regarding Meadows is if they went outside. I do like the crowd that supports Sevier County and would hate to see that all go away over the wrong pick.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure they will go in house but my suggestion regarding Meadows is if they went outside. I do like the crowd that supports Sevier County and would hate to see that all go away over the wrong pick.

I'm hearing that they are going to stay close - very close, if you will. 

Yes. Its scary how quickly a bad coaching hire can destroy a football program. Just look what happened to William Blount after Meadows left. We were at the Top of the foodchain in East Tennessee 5A football and are now a sub .500 trainwreck.

Update from the peanut gallery goes like this the rumors are Johnathan Brewer and Meadows from PF. I heard both of those today from different people. I miss Coach Brewer already but its purely for selfish reasons. The man earned all the respect and praise thats coming his way but I am surprised how many people from outside of our area are chiming in, he has really had an impact on alot of folks around the state. Coach Brewer simply lead by example better than most anyone you will ever know. 1 time I walked up to the stadium and see all these kids sitting on the stadium steps alone and quite Its a bunch of freshman. Im like what are they doing just sitting here then I see Coach Brewer come running by on the track he says 7 as he goes by. So I hang around to see what is going on. Well they are getting taught to keep the locker room clean. Coach Brewer had picked up 10 pieces of trash/paper and was running a lap for each 1 (keep in mind it was a hot august day) when he got to 10 he came back over to the group and said the next time it will be you guys running those laps. Now do you think that class of kids ever left trash on the locker room floor again?

Whoever it ends up being...

GoBears!!! 

Edited by gobears89

Update from the peanut gallery goes like this the rumors are Johnathan Brewer and Meadows from PF. I heard both of those today from different people. I miss Coach Brewer already but its purely for selfish reasons. The man earned all the respect and praise thats coming his way but I am surprised how many people from outside of our area are chiming in, he has really had an impact on alot of folks around the state. Coach Brewer simply lead by example better than most anyone you will ever know. 1 time I walked up to the stadium and see all these kids sitting on the stadium steps alone and quite Its a bunch of freshman. Im like what are they doing just sitting here then I see Coach Brewer come running by on the track he says 7 as he goes by. So I hang around to see what is going on. Well they are getting taught to keep the locker room clean. Coach Brewer had picked up 10 pieces of trash/paper and was running a lap for each 1 (keep in mind it was a hot august day) when he got to 10 he came back over to the group and said the next time it will be you guys running those laps. Now do you think that class of kids ever left trash on the locker room floor again?

Whoever it ends up being...

GoBears!!! 

Great story....I can't speak for everyone, but I am old school, and it doesn't take long to notice the guys that are classy and are doing things the right way....and I appreciate these guys, regardless of where they coach.  For a lot of kids, their high school football coach has more of an influence on their life than their own father, and I really respect the coaches that realize that and take it seriously, and work hard to better a young mans life.....and in my opinion, Steve Brewer did this as well or better than anyone else I know.

Steve Brewer is C-L-A-S-S......Sometimes we reach a higher calling in life and I wish Steve the very best in his new chapter at FBS....

Amen STARS .. as you know I know Steve very well .. and played ball with him since we were 10 year old all thru HS ... spent alot of time at his house growing up .. class guy no doubt .. invited me to church all the time we grew up together ... he had a boldness about him to ask the meanest, toughest guys at school if they would go to church with him ... in fact a few years ago I ran into a guy that I went to HS together and he was one of the meanest , roughest guys in school  ..never went to church , never wanted to go to church ... talked with him a bit and he told me something that floored me .. he said he was in seminary to be a pastor .. what he said next is a testiment to what kind of person and christian Steve is ... the guy told me he never ever forgot through those years before he became a christian the  times that Steve had come up to him in school and had invited him to church. You never know what seeds you sew !! A funny story .. we were playing Mickey Mantle baseball and Steve had just starred driving .. had like a 64 Ford or something .. we were coming down Broadway In North KNox and he decided to shift down in low gear .. knocked all the belts off and we ended up pushing his car from Ftn City to Fulton .. never forget that ... but he was then and still is a great person and good Football coach.     

Really surprised that long time offensive coordinator Tony Linginfelter is not getting a mention as a possible replacement. Maybe he just likes being in the background? Meadows would be a really good hire but he scares me with his nomadic coaching history. Jonathan Brewer may turn out to be a good head coach but as a young coach he is obviously a much bigger gamble.