Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Best wishes to Coach Brewer. He had a heckuva run and has a ring to show for it. Has always had above average to very good teams with Sevier Co. I'm sure the Smoky Bear faithful will miss him.

It hasn't happened at this point.  Lots of rumors out there right now, but nobody is talking - neither confirming nor denying. 

It hasn't happened at this point.  Lots of rumors out there right now, but nobody is talking - neither confirming nor denying. 

Still no news on the new coach. Guess we will have to keep an eye on the mountain press. He (coach Brewer) told the players that he is leaving so it is official in that regard. Im keeping my fingers crossed that it is someone who is already there because they are loaded with good coachs & I personally would hate to see a new staff, time will tell.

GoBears!! 

Can't understand why he would want to leave the school he played for but I went to a scrimmage between them and Catholic Thursday and the Irish turned them everywhere but lose. Don't want to go there for sure. The man for the job is Scott Meadows and it would be a major mistake for Sevier County not to be on his doorstep right now. Scott would take them to another level. When he was at Catholic they were playing in a league above their heads. If Sevier goes another direction then someone there needs their head examined.

I have heard william blounts coach could be a candidate how bad would that be! :popcorneater:

I dont know if you would want that and i'm not just saying that because I like him. As far as i'm concerned the jury is still out on whether he is a good coach. Besides... He is a William Blount alum and he will probably be here as long as he wants the job. It remains to be seen whether that is a good thing or not.

Edited by Governors91

Can't understand why he would want to leave the school he played for but I went to a scrimmage between them and Catholic Thursday and the Irish turned them everywhere but lose. Don't want to go there for sure. The man for the job is Scott Meadows and it would be a major mistake for Sevier County not to be on his doorstep right now. Scott would take them to another level. When he was at Catholic they were playing in a league above their heads. If Sevier goes another direction then someone there needs their head examined.

I wouldn't judge WB's coach off of a spring scrimmage with a private school that is loaded with talent and has great coaches. In all likelihood Catholic will win the 4A state Championship. If you are going to Judge his coaching ability point at the Lenoir City loss last year where he made some very interesting Personnel decisions that cost us the game. There was no excuse for that.. We had no business losing to them. Edited by Governors91

So the chicken sandwich guy thinks that the Bears who averaged about 50 points per last year should hire a guy who runs the wing t? Thanks but no thanks.

GoBears!!