Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

But I have to agree with Barney on Meadows. He could take Sevier County to the next level. Personally I dont want to see him go there because I want him back here at WB. Buf he is a great coach. In fact I heard Meadows came to WB and asked for the job back and the AD wouldnt give him the job. If that is true Our AD is a fool.

Scott did apply for the WB job and he really wanted it, but the powers that be at WB was never going to let that happen.  But, you can't lay it all on the AD, who is no longer the AD BTW, there was a committee that the hire had to go through, it was not just the AD's decision.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Coach Ridge, I have said that before and I will say it again.....he works hard for these young men.  And I am willing to go through some hard times while he and his staff gain experience, he is very brilliant and will figure it out.  What I cannot stomach is a kid who missed half of last years practices, but started in nearly every game.....then last week misses all three practices but miraculously gets better the day of the orange and blue game and starts every play on offense and defense.  BTW, the same kid arguing and throwing his helmet into the fence on Thursday.  What kind of message is sent to ones who are serious and work hard?  This is not the only kid, just one example....and the other players know what is going on and talk about it.  My kid came home Thursday night and said, "I am not used to this, most all of our players quit and were openly talking about being ready to go, it is not much fun playing with a bunch of kids that are not serious about the sport".

If I was the Head ball coach I would be showing all the kids with attitudes the door.

As would I, Gov91....but it is not being done.  And that is why I continue to say that until that is fixed, we will continue going through the same thing year in and year out.

I will tell you this, the middle schools have been combined and they have a coach that will not put up with the attitude and not practicing one bit.  He doesn't care who you are, or who your daddy is, or how much athletic ability you may have.....they will do it the right way or they will be gone.  Maybe he can get them disciplined enough at that level that it will come with them to the high school level.

The people who constantly knock Scott and question his character don't know him very well. He's a great football coach who cares a ton about his players and coaches. He would be a perfect fit at Sevier County. I think he's pretty happy at Pigeon Forge though.

I would be willing to bet that if SC called Scott would be gone from PF in a hurry.....I consider that SC job one of the best in all of TN, and that is due, in large part, to a man named Steve Brewer...

I would be willing to bet that if SC called Scott would be gone from PF in a hurry.....I consider that SC job one of the best in all of TN, and that is due, in large part, to a man named Steve Brewer...

You're absolutely right. Steve Brewer is a class-act all the way around and he's built a great program at Sevier County. It'd be hard for anyone to turn that job down. I know that I would add a purple shirt to my closet very quickly if Scott were to get this position.

When Scott went to Catholic he more than doubled his pay so who could blame him. I think he went into a situation right after they won the state and lost a lot of good players and they moved up a classification which Catholic was not ready for. Catholic can put a good team on the field but the team debt chart could never match a Maryville. I'm sure being in a private school things are different from what he was used to in the public school system. If Sevier County goes outside to hire a coach there is no doubt in my mind Scott can take them to another level. No one at this time would be more able to make this change regarding up and moving to Sevier County when their already there. 

When Scott went to Catholic he more than doubled his pay so who could blame him. I think he went into a situation right after they won the state and lost a lot of good players and they moved up a classification which Catholic was not ready for. Catholic can put a good team on the field but the team debt chart could never match a Maryville. I'm sure being in a private school things are different from what he was used to in the public school system. If Sevier County goes outside to hire a coach there is no doubt in my mind Scott can take them to another level. No one at this time would be more able to make this change regarding up and moving to Sevier County when their already there. 

I think depth is a problem for everybody against the allstars. I dont think meadows is in the mix at least I have not heard that. My money is on Brewers son getting the job but who knows at this point only random rumors. Sounds like Meadows is a good coach though and as a PF tiger fan Im glad they have him. They also have a good d coordinator at PF that left SC & I cant say that I wouldnt like to see that combo back at SC. I guess my only concern with hiring within is will that person be able to LEAD or will their be to many hens in the hen house?

GB

Been confirmed now to Jesse Smithey of the Knoxville News-Sentinel that Brewer is resigning to accept a staff position at First Baptist Church of Sevierville. 

Supposed to be some type of formal announcment tomorrow. 

Good man, even better person.  Wish him all the best in his new calling.