2014 1A and 2A Coaches Polls

AllRegion

These were just posted on MurphyFair.com

What does everyone think? The #1 team is right in both polls, I believe. Union City is a clear favorite to win the title. They will be absolutely loaded. I expect them to run the table and go undefeated. Trousdale has to be the favorite to win 2A as well, given what they return from their state championship team last year. I wouldn't be too shocked to see a team like Grace rise up in the playoffs and pull an upset though. 

2A

1. Trousdale County

2. Adamsville
3. Trinity Christian
4. Knoxville Grace
5. Huntingdon
6. Marion County
7. Peabody
8. Mitchell   
9. Boyd Buchanan
10. Goodpasture (tie)
10. Oneida (tie)

1A

1. Union City (tie)

1. South Pittsburg (tie)
3. Nashville Christian
4. Coalfield
5. Dresden
6. Columbia Academy
7. Humboldt
8. Greenback
9. Wayne County
10. Cloudland

These were just posted on MurphyFair.com

What does everyone think? The #1 team is right in both polls, I believe. Union City is a clear favorite to win the title. They will be absolutely loaded. I expect them to run the table and go undefeated. Trousdale has to be the favorite to win 2A as well, given what they return from their state championship team last year. I wouldn't be too shocked to see a team like Grace rise up in the playoffs and pull an upset though. 

2A

1. Trousdale County

2. Adamsville

3. Trinity Christian

4. Knoxville Grace

5. Huntingdon

6. Marion County

7. Peabody

8. Mitchell   

9. Boyd Buchanan

10. Goodpasture (tie)

10. Oneida (tie)

1A

1. Union City (tie)

1. South Pittsburg (tie)

3. Nashville Christian

4. Coalfield

5. Dresden

6. Columbia Academy

7. Humboldt

8. Greenback

9. Wayne County

10. Cloudland

I believe your assessment is right on, for 2A I would look out for Boyd and Mitchell. For 1A Dresden may be more of a factor. AllRegion, is the Friday night radio show still going to be broadcast this fall as in the past?

I think it's a very good initial ranking. Good to see District 15-2A represented so well, #2 and #3. Also good to see 5 teams from West Tenn represented. I think Trousdale is a no brainier to be preseason #1. I think Huntington and Trenton will be factors before it's all over. Getting to Cookeville from the West will be a tough road!

In 1A I think it's UC all the way!

Guest hevyrevy1611

HEHEHEHEEEE! LUV IT! Indeed, the season almost here. My blood pumping and heart racing. Shining up cowbell, getting horn & megaphone ready, may even pack drums or a tamborine this year too. Gargling with Listerine to keep voice in tip-top shape... NOISE TIME from stands for our Lions is right around the corner! :D these polls and predictions don't play the games as we know, but they do serve a purpose, mainly for fans I suppose. Dresden "finally" made it to #1 spot one week for first time in school history then.. ouch .. next week got spanked by our perennial nemesis Huntingdon. Getting to the top is easier than staying there. Huge respect to those multi- gold & silver ball teams.

HEHEHEHEEEE! LUV IT! Indeed, the season almost here. My blood pumping and heart racing. Shining up cowbell, getting horn & megaphone ready, may even pack drums or a tamborine this year too. Gargling with Listerine to keep voice in tip-top shape... NOISE TIME from stands for our Lions is right around the corner! :D these polls and predictions don't play the games as we know, but they do serve a purpose, mainly for fans I suppose. Dresden "finally" made it to #1 spot one week for first time in school history then.. ouch .. next week got spanked by our perennial nemesis Huntingdon. Getting to the top is easier than staying there. Huge respect to those multi- gold & silver ball teams.

come on hevy the lions were ranked #1 in 1992 i believe but got upset by west carroll in week 10 of that year.

I believe your assessment is right on, for 2A I would look out for Boyd and Mitchell. For 1A Dresden may be more of a factor. AllRegion, is the Friday night radio show still going to be broadcast this fall as in the past?

I think Jasper is ranked a little high.

will be in your area within 10 days

Guest hevyrevy1611

come on hevy the lions were ranked #1 in 1992 i believe but got upset by west carroll in week 10 of that year.

Never heard about that event from anyone. I see a undefeated season banner in gym from a team in early 70's I think. All that was before we arrived here in Green Acres land, but in 2012, we were undefeated, ranked 2nd for several weeks, top team lost in week 9 (our bye week), making us #1 in Class A (both 1A & 2A), which I was told by "everyone" it was first time in school history this happen, even in newspaper articles if I recall right. I may be wrong, but dont think so. Then powerful 1A Huntingdon whooped us bad in that coooold wet wintery football game. After that we went into 2A playoff seeded #1 with homefield advantage and a round 1 bye, did good until Adamsville passing game tore into us. We finished 4th for season I believe. We switched to 1A at end of year, Mustangs up to 2A. Here is that year:

Dresden Lions 2012 Season

Aug. 17 at Westview W 14-12

Aug. 24 Gibson County W 41-7

Aug. 31 at McKenzie W 35-14

Sep. 7 at Stewart County W 35-7

Sep. 14 Hollow Rock-Bruceton W 17-7

Sep. 21 #22 Union City W 28-14

Sep. 28 #19 West Carroll W 13-7

Oct. 5 at Decatur County Riverside W 42-3

Oct. 12 at Gleason W 23-14

Oct. 26 at #3 Huntingdon L 6-38

Class 2A Playoffs