Super 6 plan

randy3116

My bad, It wasn't on their web-site but here is how it was explained to the media today.

Here's how it will work: The top 32 teams in the state, based off enrollment totals gathered this fall by the TSSAA, will comprise 6A. All 32 teams will automatically make the playoffs. The reason being: TSSAA's research showed that 85-90 percent of those projected 32 teams typically make the playoffs anyway.

Schools will have the chance to move up to Class 6A should they choose; however, teams near the bottom of the list of 32 must be willing to move down.

Teams opting to play up in 6A will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis. Maryville, the defending 6A champion, was thought to be a 5A school at the Board of Control meeting in June. The faster it can get its paperwork into the TSSAA this fall, the better its chances at playing in 6A next season.

Maryville football coach/athletic director George Quarles confirmed by text message Monday that Maryville will choose to return to 6A if initially classified as a 5A program for the 2015-16 seasons. Teams in other classification will also have a chance to play in a higher class. No changes will be made in the Division II system.

Maryville can not choose to move up. They will be ALLOWED only IF approximately 10-12 teams WANT to move down and give up automatic playoff spot.

Do you really believe there with be that many move down?. The answer is NO!!!

Edited by BCsportsfan

If this is all about making the playing field even, then why can a Super 32 Team even be allowed to move down to 5A. Is that fair to West or Henry County. I want to know where this plan was hatched. Who is the first person to propose this plan? I think it's origin was in Middle TN. I could understand if only 16 made the playoffs out of the Super 32. Some of the most successful schools in the TSSAA since 1969 have been slapped in the face by the TSSAA.

If this is all about making the playing field even, then why can a Super 32 Team even be allowed to move down to 5A. Is that fair to West or Henry County. I want to know where this plan was hatched. Who is the first person to propose this plan? I think it's origin was in Middle TN. I could understand if only 16 made the playoffs out of the Super 32. Some of the most successful schools in the TSSAA since 1969 have been slapped in the face by the TSSAA.

No one truly knows right now because it will be based off this years enrollment numbers which become official in September.. The question I have is classes 1-5.. Will the playoffs be based on region/district standings or will it be top 32??

I say it was hatched in Rutherford Co. Money was transferred to Davidson Co.

The previous plan was extremely unfair. SC beat schools that will now be 4 and 5 a almost every game. All 5 loses were to bearden Farragut DB and maryville. Aka the teams now in the conference. SC will not win this league 5 times in a row like the IMAC. I think it's more fun to play the new schedule and to be honest winning this league 1 out of the next 5 years would be pretty successful. Winning every week will now mean so much more because the Bears will be the underdog at least half the games.

My idea to improve would be to let any team in public schools move into the super 32. Only a hand full would do it then go by enrollment like has been done here. This would make the Bears 5 a most likely which is about where they should be. I don't see how though that any movement will happen because I am sure that with any and all movement it effects some team negatively. So it is what it is a league based on enrollment numbers seems pretty fair to me even though my team will now be almost the smallest school in 6a. Bring on the big dogs bears and keep the all stars on the schedule you may not win them all but if you do you will have left no doubt.

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89

If it is obvious you are going to get your eyes drilled out in the first round of the playoffs why would you want to stay in the Super 6? Pride only goes so far. Drop back to 5 and maybe have a chance for a win. Makes sense to me. Just Saying.

You don't give up a guaranteed playoff spot for a possible playoff spot in 5A and still get your "eyes drilled out in the first round of the playoffs" by Henry Co. or West or Maryville. You take the guaranteed spot. All 5A and below teams ought to refuse to play any Super 32 Teams. Lets see how those district standings look from top to bottom.

Super32_zpsb34fed1a.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels