South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

Stopped in Jasper yesterday and there are alot of confident fans wearing purple that think this game will be a blowout.  I am sure the visitor's side will be packed since the Jasperites think this is their year and it just might be.  Both teams are undefeated in the district so this is for the championship on top of the heated rivalry.  Early season I felt the Pirates would be a much improved team by this game but they have just not come together.  I still see talent on the Pirate team but some of it has been standing on the sidelines most of the year.  Even with them playing tonight, I don't see the Pirates winning as Jasper has a good nucleus of players a good coach at the reigns. 

My initial thoughts is this will be a mercy rule game, but I am hopeful that the Pirates will come out scrapping tonight and put together their best game of the year and keep it close.

You are really saying I'm making excuses? LMBO ok... I have been one of the few that have said since last season this was Marion's year.

If you don't think teams get complacent then you are wrong. I'm not making excuses about anything. I'm giving you my opinion about the game. Marion will be VERY hungry for a win in this game. Haven't you ever heard someone say, "I think that team wanted it a little more."

No matter what you say mayor, TTP will spin it to fit his agenda.  He is crowing loud this year because most anybody with any sense knows Jasper has the upperhand. 

I am not going to hide my distaste and dislike of Jasper High School.  It literally makes me sick to see that Purple and White and I enjoy every time they lose especially if the Pirates are the team winning over them.....from Pee Wee to High School.  Call me what you want, but I am being truthful where others will just not come out and say it. 

Jasper will get their first win in this rivalry tonight in several years and the rivalry should be more competitive going forward.  All I have to say is that a blind squirrel can find a nut every 8 years or so.

Edited by UncleDave
  • Upvote 1

I've made no excuses and I've been giving Marion all the credit. 6 am running sessions? They are dedicated kids if they are doing those things.

yes they are, many times going to work i stop by while they were out there at daylight, running and going through his training program. What was bad was they were in good shape last year under McCurry, these kids got a whole other level of conditioning when they started Ross's program. It has been paying off because they have physically wore down everyone but a 4A Central with kids that most don't play both ways.  I believe that is why we have had very few injuries this year too. Kids aren't wore out half way thru the game.

Where have you been all season Kevo? Missed you around here young man.

Thanks Ambassador. I have been very busy. I will be around here for playoff season. Not sure how long that will last but you never know. I was at the home opener and I planned on coming back home for this game. Unfortunately, we will not make it so that is why I was wondering if it will be streaming. Hope everything is going good with you man!

HEEELLLLLOOOO!!! HEEELLLLLOOOOO!!!! ITS GAAAAMEDAY!!! ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!! ONE TIME!!! HELLOOO!!! ONE MORE TIME!!! ONE TIME!! YOU BOYS BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! YOU HAVE TAKEN IT ON THE CHIN ALL YEAR BUT YOU HAVE BOUNCED BACK!!! HOW MUCH FIGHT DO YOU HAVE LEFT???? WHO'S HOUSE IS JASPER COMING TOO??? HEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND BOYS!! THIS IS IT!!! THIS IT THE GAME YOU WILL NEVER FORGET!!! THEY DONT RESPECT YOU!!! THEY DONT LIKE YOU!!! THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOUT TO COME IN OUR HOUSE AND BEAT US AND MAKE UP FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS!!!! HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!

FOR THOSE THAT ARE ASKED TO STEP UP AND ANSWER THE BELL,,, YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! ATTACK ATTACK!!! PLAY 4 QUARTERS!!! THIS JASPER BOYS HAVENT BEAT YOU!!! MAKE THEM WORK FOR EVERY INCH!!! NEVER QUIT!!! THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!

HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

HEEELLLLLOOOO!!! HEEELLLLLOOOOO!!!! ITS GAAAAMEDAY!!! ITS GAMEDAY BABY!!! ONE TIME!!! HELLOOO!!! ONE MORE TIME!!! ONE TIME!! YOU BOYS BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! YOU HAVE TAKEN IT ON THE CHIN ALL YEAR BUT YOU HAVE BOUNCED BACK!!! HOW MUCH FIGHT DO YOU HAVE LEFT???? WHO'S HOUSE IS JASPER COMING TOO??? HEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND BOYS!! THIS IS IT!!! THIS IT THE GAME YOU WILL NEVER FORGET!!! THEY DONT RESPECT YOU!!! THEY DONT LIKE YOU!!! THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOUT TO COME IN OUR HOUSE AND BEAT US AND MAKE UP FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS!!!! HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!

FOR THOSE THAT ARE ASKED TO STEP UP AND ANSWER THE BELL,,, YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! ATTACK ATTACK!!! PLAY 4 QUARTERS!!! THIS JASPER BOYS HAVENT BEAT YOU!!! MAKE THEM WORK FOR EVERY INCH!!! NEVER QUIT!!! THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!

HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_n5n6nazPic1rofocqo1_400.gif

• Upvote 1

Hey guys it's Glenn. Man we all have been doing a lot of fast typing. The Marion Warriors better have been working on their fastness. That Truth Prevails guy has been talking really really fast all week for them. If they lose I guess there coach might be mad at him. The Pirates are pretty fast and sometimes really fast. I guess it depends on which team has worked on their fastness tonight. Marion Warriors seem to be better coached this year cause are coaches don't work on our fastness enough.

From Glenn