Donovan Stewart's Projected 2015-2016 Regions

kwc

I understand some of the travel in the interest of keeping as many Regions as possible with an even number for scheduling purposes.  This makes WAY to much sense Donovan.  There is NO way the TSSAA gets it this right.  Count on them throwing us some kind of curve ball.  Just wait and see.  They will do something to mess this up.

It would make more sense to swap out Huntland and Fayetteville. 

Region 3 (8 Teams)

Copper Basin
Fayetteville
Grace Baptist
Lookout Valley
Moore County
Sale Creek
South Pittsburg
Whitwell

Region 6 (8 Teams)

Collinwood
Columbia Academy
Cornersville
Huntland
Mt. Pleasant
Perry County
Richland
Wayne County

305-310 football playing schools in Division I. Five regular season classes spreads things out too much. "Super 32" then 5 more smaller is worse. Go 4 then add a playoff round to account for the 75 in each class, and to help make up for money lost by eliminating a playoff class. And split totally.

That's just flat stupid for Greenback. Understand it's just a projection, and this is just an opinion, but attendance will plummet with travel requirements like this.

Exactly i also know this is a "projected" region butt i could see this happening.The cost on a Fri night travel for an averave family of three 18$ for game,300 mile round trip close to 70$ gas and of course you will have to factor in food because travel alone not including game play time is about five to six hours is another 30 to 40$'s.The schools in thiz region are some of the less fortunate when it comes to money and these folks arent going to pay out over 100$'s to go to a high school football game.Utterly ridiculous!!Sounds to me like they are trying to get rid of the small town football for these big county schools.