Boyd vs Rockwood

TonyHorton91281

We have business to take care of this week, but hopefully we have the chance to make that long trip again. :thumb:

Well I can assure you of a couple of things if you do. We'll treat you like brothers before and after the horns and try to treat you like red headed step children between. Regardless of the outcome I think both sides would enjoy it, one just a little more than the other.

I also didn't forget what yall did after beating us up here by the way. After ending our season that year and when the team was being addressed by the coach y'all were doing the same. We finished near the same time & we were having our post-game prayer about the time y'all started to sing your victory song to your fans (which I assume is tradition for Boyd). Our prayer started just as your song did. Recognizing we were having prayer y'all immediately stopped what you were doing and quietly walked back down toward the other end of the field allowing us to finish. That's a true sign of class & respect to forgo your own tradition to allow another to have a peaceful moment of prayer. The coach pointed it out to a couple of players & they quickly put the brakes on it.

Private / public stuff aside, that earned some respect in my book.

Edited by crow

This one will be a tough one for the Tigers history is not on our sides. I believe this is a good chance for RW to right the ship in the swamp. It's according to witch Tigers shows up the team that gave up fumbles vs GCA and kelp fighting or the team that gave up vs RCHS,MCHS and GBHS.

Look foward to the trip

RHS 28

BB    17

Love those Tigers

This one will be a tough one for the Tigers history is not on our sides. I believe this is a good chance for RW to right the ship in the swamp. It's according to witch Tigers shows up the team that gave up fumbles vs GCA and kelp fighting or the team that gave up vs RCHS,MCHS and GBHS.

Look foward to the trip

RHS 28

BB 17

Love those Tigers

Should be an interesting game.

We've had our own issues with which Boyd shows to play.

I'm really interested in how this game plays out. (stating the obvious aren't I?)  Boyd doesn't have a "glowing" record but they have played a strenuous schedule to prepare them for the play-offs.  Will that schedule allow them to be sharp enough to beat the Tiger?  Rockwood, on the other hand, just got stronger as evident by their win over GCA.  The addition of the RB is only going to help Long.  Boyd will get tested every time out for the rest of their journey and Rockwood, quite frankly, is good enough to make Boyd's trip a one shot deal.  My guess is the game will have plenty of drama and the cooler head can win this.  Neither team is going to get away with turnovers and expect to win.  In fact, I think whoever ends up on the plus side of that deal will ultimately win the game.  I think the game could be decided by as much as a field goal or extra point.  Like 17-14 or 21-20......the confounding thing is picking which team does the ball drop for?

Kazaloco  :thumb:

I think Rockwood runs into a Boyd defense that will stand tall.  #1 is an outstanding athlete and Boyd has played great these last five games leading into the playoffs. Every team that they faced besides Grace and Silverdale are in the playoffs except two that Boyd helped send home.  I think that this will be a close one with Boyd winning by 7.