State Semifinal:Alcoa at Notre Dame

BigDave1967

Can anyone tell me why Rankin's wife was back in the Boro looking at real estate last week? We've heard from mutual friends that he has always wanted to get back to middle Tennessee and coach in the big boy division.

Seems this question appears every Thanksgiving week year after year.

Both teams played a good Knox Catholic team tight. I think it's going to be a nail-bitter. The game should be played at ND. Finely isn't an atmosphere for Notre Dame and all the old hats coming back to watch the game.

Nobody cares about Alcoa's 85 players and all that depth they supposedly have. They would suit up my 85 year old grandmother if she wanted to play. It only takes 12 on offense and 12 on defense to win. Alcoa has some solid athletes at all positions and a few "go-to" guys. ND has to bust the play makers in the mouth early and welcome them to ND football. Defensively, Alcoa is going to have their hands full. Alcoa will stack the box and shutdown Banks, then ND will go to the air. Alcoa will already be doubled down on Orr, and he'll still make plays. What's going to slap Alcoa in the face like a wet towel is NDs other skill positions, which have been somewhat silent most of the year but deadly. Ballard, Flemister, Johnson, and Robertson. All can play. Ballard hasn't had much spotlight this year, but the kid can play. He's got the speed and he knows the game. Look for him to step-up and put some points on the board.

If ND controls the clock and keeps Alcoa's offense off the field and the defense rested, it'll be a 4 quarter nail-bitter.

Several years ago, Alcoa's weight training coach left and came to ND. He walked into a program full of athletes and a good ND football team in '07-09'. I'm sure he still takes credit for ND's success during those years. I'm making a heck of a stretch even calling this a guy a coach. All he could talk about was Alcoa football like he built the program from the ground up. He'd wave those Alcoa title rings around like he was the king on the field that earned them. Needless to say, he got axed. But I'm sure in his eyes he "left for a better job." The current ND players wouldn't know this guy but the alumni do. A Notre Dame victory over "The Great" Alcoa would be mighty sweet for the alumni that had to put up with that guy and his "back at Alcoa..." stories. Go Irish.

Bahahaha! So much fail!

Any Irish pubs within staggering distance to the field??? Kinda like to get my bare hand around one O Them Green longnecks!! T-Bone looks close via the map!??

probably want to take a look at the 1/2 Note, Champys Chicken, Puss in Boots, and Mediah's soul food restaurant .......could be your best bet at one of those Green Long Necks......with that being said; if you really want to stretch things out a bit....there is Golden Coral, Waffle House and BP Gas Station :mrgreen:

probably want to take a look at the 1/2 Note, Champys Chicken, Puss in Boots, and Mediah's soul food restaurant .......could be your best bet at one of those Green Long Necks......with that being said; if you really want to stretch things out a bit....there is Golden Coral, Waffle House and BP Gas Station :mrgreen:

Wow lots of restaurants around there but Puss in Boots sounds a bit like low level strip joint. ;)

Haters going 2 hate! With that being said all yaw KISS ALCOAS GRITS..... :popcorneater:  If you have a problem with it. Guess what nobody cares. You've been dismissed. :roflol:

now Miss Walton aka MRSFCSHELTER aks lessur.......that 'ALL YALL KISS MY GRITS" brings Booger into the equation .........not sure what got your Big Boy Panties lit up; but you need to say Booger not included in my shot; because he did not call on me.....9th Rule the Goons should have told you about.....you did not free Booger up; so he is not dismissed and you deserve not his wrath :wub:

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: