Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

There seems to be a lot of questions on this board about the speed of Peabody being legit. I can only speak to what I saw when UC played Trenton earlier this year. Have no doubt that you are going to see more team speed than you have seen all season. The skilled players are all fast and by fast I mean crazy fast. We forced 3 fumbles in our game with Peabody earlier this year and capitalized on all of them plus we (UC) have some pretty good team speed too. I would support what BlackandGold said earlier about the athletes and the type speed they have. Don't doubt it. I don't , because I have seen it.

Swo, and Peabody,

I know if's and buts count for nothing but for the sake of conversation, take away the three turnovers how does that affect the UC vs Peabody game? Would the score be closer,etc?  Your opinions have been pretty honest and fair? Whats your thoghts? Kind of measuing how Peabody stacks up against a grind it team like UC or MC.

No problem.

Hey Roy, you need to read this article I posted a link to above.

Pay particular attention to the last sentence.

I think that Ross man gave a shout out to Ambassador---what is this mess?

He told me on Monday at Mr. Football and the championship press conference he was going to do this. I told him don't, but he insisted. He thinks I'm going to convert to a full time Marion booster. I explained to him I pull for the county boys, but can never pull for them over SP. He seemed to understand.

There seems to be a lot of questions on this board about the speed of Peabody being legit. I can only speak to what I saw when UC played Trenton earlier this year. Have no doubt that you are going to see more team speed than you have seen all season. The skilled players are all fast and by fast I mean crazy fast. We forced 3 fumbles in our game with Peabody earlier this year and capitalized on all of them plus we (UC) have some pretty good team speed too. I would support what BlackandGold said earlier about the athletes and the type speed they have. Don't doubt it. I don't , because I have seen it.

Swo, and Peabody,

I know if's and buts count for nothing but for the sake of conversation, take away the three turnovers how does that affect the UC vs Peabody game? Would the score be closer,etc?  Your opinions have been pretty honest and fair? Whats your thoghts? Kind of measuing how Peabody stacks up against a grind it team like UC or MC.

I'm gonna say, in most honest opinoin, that I believe Peabody may have scored one more TD. The defense was very prepared for the Tide that night and the completions that were made the DBs smothered very quick with the exception of 2 that went for long yardage and scores. Many times the DB would separate the reciever from the ball with a vicious hit. If Peabody had not turned the ball over I believe we would have forced a punt on those possesions. Only because we had enough speed to keep the Tide at bay. For MC to win this game they are gonna have to grind the clock and make atleast 3 stops against Trenton to win. If you don't have good team speed that will be a tall order to fill, These boys are fast and they can score in a flash so simply controlling the clock may not be enough. MC must force some punts or turnovers to get more possesions and must score on every opportunity the have. That's my honest opinion.

I'm gonna say, in most honest opinoin, that I believe Peabody may have scored one more TD. The defense was very prepared for the Tide that night and the completions that were made the DBs smothered very quick with the exception of 2 that went for long yardage and scores. Many times the DB would separate the reciever from the ball with a vicious hit. If Peabody had not turned the ball over I believe we would have forced a punt on those possesions. Only because we had enough speed to keep the Tide at bay. For MC to win this game they are gonna have to grind the clock and make atleast 3 stops against Trenton to win. If you don't have good team speed that will be a tall order to fill, These boys are fast and they can score in a flash so simply controlling the clock may not be enough. MC must force some punts or turnovers to get more possesions and must score on every opportunity the have. That's my honest opinion.

Peabody has a  speed advantage at the skill positions but Marion is not a slow team, we do have  "team" speed and has been the fastest team on the field this season against our opponents. Peabody has more speed than us at the skill positions but our line, on both sides, appears to have more quickness than Peabody. Our starting line is not big, but they move very well on both sides of the ball and our D line is quick. I believe this what makes this a great matchup and so hard to see the outcome of this game. 

Agreed 5th. Also I like our speed at the skill position with Henderson, Brooks, and Deon. If one of those guys get off to the races in the open field, I like their chances at scoring. But only time will tell

Our line both sides isnt big they are very athletic,so I am a bit confused as to your assumption! We were very overmatched in the Aville game in size however by rhe fourth quarter our lines speed came thru.It is very hard to get the edge on us.UC just is so amazing with huge fast kids on the line the gave us heck! Also in that game the t over destroyed us,again we are young and have grown week by week look at the reduction in us coughimg it up since UC! It will be a great game !!!!Roll Tide Roll Edited by peabodypride

Our line both sides isnt big they are very athletic,so I am a bit confused as to your assumption! We were very overmatched in the Aville game in size however by rhe fourth quarter our lines speed came thru.It is very hard to get the edge on us.UC just is so amazing with huge fast kids on the line the gave us heck! Also in that game the t over destroyed us,again we are young and have grown week by week look at the reduction in us coughimg it up since UC! It will be a great game !!!!Roll Tide Roll

Simmer down there old geezer, didn't mean to get the blood a boiling. 5th said that our line APPEARS to have more quickness than the Tides line. I agreed with him, however I don't believe there is a huge difference. You guys might have the faster line. We will find out this Saturday. Seriously Pride, this old geezers days of fighting have been long gone. You will get nothing but respect from me. Not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers unless its the kinfolks down the road. Just here to talk about football and support my team. Your teams trek to the state speaks for itself, plus you had a poster from UC back you on everything you have said. You guys have my respect. Pretty sure I speak for all of the Marion County posters when it comes to that. I admire the intensity though! Love to see fans back their team

MC is the kind of team I worry about. If can't get their offense off the field and allow them to grind it out and eat the clock we could be in trouble. If we can get them off the field and get the offense rolling we should be ok. IMO this game comes down to which team's defense can make the stops needed.

This old geezer can't say it enough, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Plain and simple. A great defense is going to be a great offense every day of the week. I can't explain it, but its just a fact.

Both teams come from public school systems in rural counties with a small

county seat. Both teams have improved their programs considerably since having a losing season in 2011. Each team is coached by a man named Ricky who can be credited with the improvement. Both teams are steeped in tradition. Yet, each has a rival in the same county that has been to the semi-finals and finals more frequently in recent years. Each team has won 12 games this year, and each averages about 42 points per game. Both teams are certainly deserving of the gold ball. Will be a fun game to watch.