Hampton 2015

dogtruth

I wish it was that easy, geez, we would win everything. We got hammered on that one kid back in 2010, learned the rules the hard way, and now we just take what we get. Our only "recruiting" nowadays is a couple of billboards around Karns (which would be within our school district if we were zoned, haha). We get kids that come in as Freshman, but rarely do we get a kid willing to sit out a year to transfer. I've said it for years, if we have a recruiting coordinator, we should fire him/her! If you can recruit in Knoxville, we should have a trophy case full of Gold and Silver balls. Last time I checked, we've got 0 of both. Lol

you are correct GCA no balls.LOL!!You stepped in that one Pride!!!

Jonzy, I went to public school. I try to keep these kids grounded as much as possible.

Quick story: I was on the chain gang several yrs ago. There was a procedure penalty on GCA, 5 yds. Ump moved it back 4 yds. CAK asst coach went nuts trying to get Coach Bradley's attention but failed to do so before the snap. I told the coach he was correct before the snap. We snapped it and it was over. Bradley walked over to me and said, "I appreciate it, but that official probably went to public school" What makes that funny is that Coach Bradley came back to me later and said he tells his kids that all the time in practice. Coach Bradley played at Bearden, a public school in Knoxville, lol.

And I've always seen your point. But you've not been in existence all that long. So, it should take awhile to be in need of a trophy case

SN has been a demon in the past. It wasn't long ago that they whipped elizabethton. If they return to that kind of power, they will dominate the region

Probably won't have to worry about SN too much longer. Every scenario the SCBOE has on hand in the study they are running right now closes that as a high school. Might have 2 or 3 more years.

Extremely happy for the players and coaches, these boys have potential, still wish we had 2 more kids.

'truth, why? Of all good, happy, fun things to talk about, you bring up baseball!

Pujo, I am happy to hear, not only, that they are winning but they are doing so without others :D

Seriously, I am excited for our boys to be doing well in anything they work at. From what I hear, we need a tennis team too!

Carter County could learn a thing or two from the SCBOE.

C-team, I love ya but don't stand firmly with you on the desire for consolation.

It would rid the county of many good teachers I'd fear.

If we wanted to talk sports, think of the battles amongst the different communities and "unfairness" screamed!

Who would be head coaches of the different teams? That would cause a WAR! LOL

And the "small school pride" of these mountains would be a thing of the past.

But not to worry, consolidation won't be here anytime soon.

You ready for some preseason facility projects???