3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

spending 750k on turf and jumbotron and playing in 3a is like TnTech spending 60m on 90K seat stadium and staying put to play in the OVC.

Bruh, we didn't stay put. We moved UP to 3A for next year. When you have the tradition we have with community support we have, we can afford what most other schools can't touch.

Your comparisons really make me glad I didn't go to any school in the Upper Cumberland. Geez

A lot ask a 2nd team QB to come into a Championship game and not miss a beat. True, had trouble throwing the ball, but put yourself in a 16 year old kid with all the pressure he had on him to EXECUTE as the starting QB would have done. The only weapon Alcoa had was Tyson. Of course, CPA loaded the defense to stop him. Had both teams been at full deck, final outcome could have been different. Who knows, but don't slam Alcoa with the starting quarterback on the sideline. Had CPA's QB been on the sideline, would CPA have performed as well as they did?

not slamming anyone, just saying with 90 players I would think the 2nd option at a program like Alcoa would have looked better. This kid played a lot before this game. It was not his first action. I think the bigger problem was handed the ball to #2 40 to 50 times a game. That tryed to do something they had never done, throw the ball when forced to.

not slamming anyone, just saying with 90 players I would think the 2nd option at a program like Alcoa would have looked better. This kid played a lot before this game. It was not his first action. I think the bigger problem was handed the ball to #2 40 to 50 times a game. That tryed to do something they had never done, throw the ball when forced to.

Still 2nd team QB - cannot expect 1st team results.

Here's a good one to get everyone's response now that the games are over. For those of you who think CPA can recruit any good athlete to build their program, I know FOR A FACT, FIRSTHAND, that one of the best projected football 6th graders in Middle Tennessee (a former NFL player's son) applied to CPA before this year and wanted to go there, but did not qualify and his application was not approved. If CPA was all about building their sports programs, HOW COULD THIS BE?

Well NOTHING around compares to AMS this past season and next year's .... Got lots of prospects not just one JA....

Bruh, we didn't stay put. We moved UP to 3A for next year. When you have the tradition we have with community support we have, we can afford what most other schools can't touch.

Your comparisons really make me glad I didn't go to any school in the Upper Cumberland. Geez

He didn't either.

Still 2nd team QB - cannot expect 1st team results.

Absolutely true. If Alcoa's QB had played...it would have been a different game. On the other hand CPA...a very good passing team...won without officially attempting a pass. I think they would have opened it up if they had needed to. I would not have believed that going into the game.

A lot ask a 2nd team QB to come into a Championship game and not miss a beat. True, had trouble throwing the ball, but put yourself in a 16 year old kid with all the pressure he had on him to EXECUTE as the starting QB would have done. The only weapon Alcoa had was Tyson. Of course, CPA loaded the defense to stop him. Had both teams been at full deck, final outcome could have been different. Who knows, but don't slam Alcoa with the starting quarterback on the sideline. Had CPA's QB been on the sideline, would CPA have performed as well as they did?

1.  I would respectfully remind you that CPA didn't attempt to use a potent part of their offense.  Had Alcoa had their starting QB or had more success with the #2 quarterback CPA could have passed.  CPA threw two passes, one was a spike to stop the clock, the other was an attempt by the kicker to salvage a fg opportunity.   Weatherly is a 70ish% passer with 1765 yards passing this year while playing 50-75% of 13/15 games.  Had Weatherly missed the game I suspect Hockaday would have filled in nicely.  Pure conjecture, I could be wrong. 

2.  If Alcoa/CPA played 10 times I suspect they would split.  Two very good teams.

3.  Dear Mr. Postman,  congratulations on a great season and a good game plan vs. CPA.  Be glad CPA scored quickly.  Had CPA had long scoring drives their output would have been the same but Westmoreland would not have had time to be as productive.  Not sure why you abhor CPA so much, I wish you well.  Life is too short not to wish others well. 

Westy also got a run to the 3 yard line called back in the second quarter that would've tied the game on a mysterious call.

A month later & still crying ... How many boxes of tissues is that? ... Westmoreland played well & CPA congratulated you on a good game & great season ... Not sure why you're still bitter ... Reality is if they played 10 times CPA would win all 10

A month later & still crying ... How many boxes of tissues is that? ... Westmoreland played well & CPA congratulated you on a good game & great season ... Not sure why you're still bitter ... Reality is if they played 10 times CPA would win all 10

just interesting to compare how my favorite teams offense done against the state champs compared to Alcoa. Also added some side notes like the penalty to make things more interesting.