1A 2015 preseason favorite

The privates...Goodpasture & Lipscomb were probably better.

Lipscomb was dominant for a few years, even thumped Alcoa a few times. I still remember when LA smashed Lipscomb in the finals after LA lost to 1a state champion TC and a Smith Co team earlier in the season. I still think 97 TC was the best A or AA team ever. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Lipscomb was dominant for a few years, even thumped Alcoa a few times. I still remember when LA smashed Lipscomb in the finals after LA lost to 1a state champion TC and a Smith Co team earlier in the season. I still think 97 TC was the best A or AA team ever.

The best A or AA team I've seen was Austin East team with Leroy Thompson & Von Reeves...

In no order:

Top Ten 1A:

Peabody

Union City

NCA

Coalfield

Oneida

Harriman

Trousdale Co.

Wayne Co.

Copper Basin

South Pittsburgh[/quote

I love that you left Greenback out. No joke! Kinda like being the underdog with the potential we know we have it's a good place to be. The offseason and preseason is much anticipated. Hopefully we are looked over and will make some noise.

What has happen to Bruceton's program out in west TN? Not heard much noise in years.

They've been on a decline since the years they had Patrick Willis for the most part. The 90s were their last good years really. . They sure were a force to reckon with in their good years! I'm glad Patrick does so much to give back to the community though. He puts on a football camp for the kids every year. I still remember my alma mater and Bruceton being rivals... I've seen him play many games! Great guy with a great story to tell!

In no order:

Top Ten 1A:

Peabody

Union City

NCA

Coalfield

Oneida

Harriman

Trousdale Co.

Wayne Co.

Copper Basin

South Pittsburgh[/quote

I love that you left Greenback out. No joke! Kinda like being the underdog with the potential we know we have it's a good place to be. The offseason and preseason is much anticipated. Hopefully we are looked over and will make some noise.

I agree there is potential,but to be honest its going to be extremly hard to replace Anderson and Laforce.We all seen what happened when we didnt rely on them in the mojority of games and what happened when we did,not to mention one of the best LB's we have ever had three yr starter 140 tackkes this yr alone and 4 picks.Those three are really good players.The line will all be back but the center but the line just wasnt very good,another yr should make a difference with Lyles i think he does a great job with what he has.If #8 can get some confidence early in the spring his arm could make up the difference IF he can get time.The backfield will be solid again just not as fast and elusive.The freshman tailback Gilbert will be a special player and the incoming Freshmen will make an immediate impact.I am very excited about the potential but after the past three seasons i will have to see it to believe it from now on,with the teams moving down this uocoming 1A season will be much harder for the small schools.Good luck to the boy and the rest of the team i will be watching in the spring.I hope they continue the great work ethic they have had in the prior offseasons.WTD!

Edited by orngnblk