Who has the toughest district in class A

gwh

Bet I've been closely watching 1A girls ball (at the highest level) since before you were in grade school...7A has had some incredibly dominant teams, and usually have more than one team that's a threat to win it all...I get it. This season was Middleton's year to coast through everyone with possibly the exception of C'range...it's just as easy for me to say that with Faulkner, they would have blown C'range out of the gym as it is for you to say that the Buff's would have beaten them...but I'm not. I think that Middleton takes home the gold with her playing...without her they have decent chance...and that's all that I'm saying. 

7A has represented it's self very well this season, but the past is gone. Only two teams advance from the west, and also in the past, have done very well. Bradford and Gleason together owned single A ball for well over a decade, and (Gleason) handed Jackson County one of the worst beatings in memory in the championship game.I remember Bill Haney (if you don't know who he is, look him up) stating that Bradford was hands down the best team in Murfreesboro one season, regardless of classification. Trenton Peabody also had done well there, so your memory seems a little selective to me.

This season (relevant to this thread), I'm going to agree with you that 7A is the "toughest district"...only because of two championship calibre teams, top to bottom they're probably second, and just because 15A is way down other than Middleton. Scotts Hill, Madison, Jackson Christian,and Trinity Christian are all considerably weaker than usual...Riverside has an outside shot to get there, but Gibson Co. or Dresden will probably end their season.

OK, I've agree'd with you about the district...the reason that it seems that "we" don't agree with you, is that you don't respect the opinion of others if it doesn't align with yours, or consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Better watch for Houston Co...another "weak schedule" team that has their sights on 7A's finest...by the way...Jackson Co. beat anyone that's a contender this year?

Ok first of all chief you're 2 months older than me so your opening salvo has zero merit.  Secondly i remember way back when that west tn was dominant but that was then.  On a rare occasion west tn will send a team (about once every ten years) to the buro' and they will be able to crack the 7A dominance but only for a brief moment.  Secondly i remember a time when Jackson County was rolling over every west tn team in AA on its way to 4 straight state championships so to say any team in the west has held any kind of dominance is just being a homer.  Middleton didn't even make the state tournament last year, while JC made it for the 5th year in a row,( winning twice and coming in second twice) and now all of a sudden they were going to win it all this year with NO competition?  Yeah right.... Tell that to the west tn fans, that argument won't hold water east of the Tennessee river my friend.  

You know Clarkrange will be favored IMO and as much as their coach cried about officiating last year you know the officiating will probably be like Dick Vitale refereeing a Duke Blue Devil men's game when they hit the floor this year.

Here we go already starting with the "officials" excuse as to why you're going to lose....Whats next??? :popcorneater: Clarkrange is going to have to beat Jackson Co. in an elimination game so they are not a lock to get to the buro' but the winner of this game will go to Murfreesboro, that much is for certain!

Edited by UCSportsFan

That's the issue I have... When someone from the west beats you, it's your weakest team ever. Union City beats you last year and the excuse was no point guard. Middleton would run through state this year if they had Deja, but since you guys take them as a west TN team, there's no way they could do that. You guys post really aren't worth replying to anymore and this is the last time I will reply about this subject. It's Jackson Co. or nothing.....

It isn't my opinion it was the weakest team, I believe the 22-16 record proves that. That Gleason team was awesome. I remember that beating like it was yesterday. I was just pointing a few things out. I have myself never played the point guard card, because Union City had their best player out the year before. Injury's happen it's part of the game. If Middleton wins it all, I will be the first one to say I am wrong. Jackson Co sure has a long road ahead, as the 3ot loss to Pickett Co really puts them in a tough spot. Good luck to west tn and we feel strong about our teams just like you have about your teams. Just move on and watch the great games and enjoy.

Ok first of all chief you're 2 months older than me so your opening salvo has zero merit.  Secondly i remember way back when that west tn was dominant but that was then.  On a rare occasion west tn will send a team (about once every ten years) to the buro' and they will be able to crack the 7A dominance but only for a brief moment.  Secondly i remember a time when Jackson County was rolling over every west tn team in AA on its way to 4 straight state championships so to say any team in the west has held any kind of dominance is just being a homer.  Middleton didn't even make the state tournament last year, while JC made it for the 5th year in a row,( winning twice and coming in second twice) and now all of a sudden they were going to win it all this year with NO competition?  Yeah right.... Tell that to the west tn fans, that argument won't hold water east of the Tennessee river my friend.  

Middleton was unlucky last year and lost to Jackson Christian the third or fourth time they played them in a game that should never have been that close in the Region Championship.  Then they went up to Union City and nearly took out the Golden Tornadoes on their home floor.  Middleton was for real last year and this year.  The Faulkner loss is tough, but they still have a chance to beat Jackson County who "some" have apparently already given the gold ball.

Last time Clarkrange played a West TN team they got smoked by UC two years ago. I am just saying Clarkrange lost to a good Meigs team last year and coach got on TV and cried that the officials beat them. I am not conceding any game in the Boro. 7A is good and has been for a while, but you guys act like no basketball is played west of the TN River.

Middleton was unlucky last year and lost to Jackson Christian the third or fourth time they played them in a game that should never have been that close in the Region Championship.  Then they went up to Union City and nearly took out the Golden Tornadoes on their home floor.  Middleton was for real last year and this year.  The Faulkner loss is tough, but they still have a chance to beat Jackson County who "some" have apparently already given the gold ball.

No one is giving Jackson Co. anything.  They have to beat an elite team in Clarkrange to even get there, unlike some of the cupcake districts out there, you have to be good to win in 7A.  What i HAVE predicted is that a team from 7A will play for and win the state championship this year and i would have predicted that even if the young lady was still playing for Middleton.  Unfortunately she is not, injuries are a part of the game, its what kept Jackson County from going back to back last year and winning 3 out of the last five class A state championships.  As it is they only managed winning 2 gold and 2 silver in the last five years....... So as i said injuries are part of the game, if Middleton is that good they will still be there at the end just like JC was last year.  Houston Co. is a very good team and is well coached i expect them to be a tough opponent.  The two teams that come out of 7A have to be the favorites to take home the gold and silver though.   :popcorneater:

Last time Clarkrange played a West TN team they got smoked by UC two years ago. I am just saying Clarkrange lost to a good Meigs team last year and coach got on TV and cried that the officials beat them. I am not conceding any game in the Boro. 7A is good and has been for a while, but you guys act like no basketball is played west of the TN River.

Yea P42 the CR coach cried for a month after the Meigs game last year. what a baby. Should have give credit where it was due. Instead he made LAME excuses. If you have a problem with fouls I GOT AN IDEA QUIT FOULING!!!!! Its a real shame that he done that. Should have been fined for slandering the Refs. They just got WHIPPED and he didn't like it. That's what happens when he gets out of 7A. He probably influences the officials there. When they get out of that district they get beat. I really hate it for the other teams in that district. They probably don't get a fair shake night to night.

Yea P42 the CR coach cried for a month after the Meigs game last year. what a baby. Should have give credit where it was due. Instead he made LAME excuses. If you have a problem with fouls I GOT AN IDEA QUIT FOULING!!!!! Its a real shame that he done that. Should have been fined for slandering the Refs. They just got WHIPPED and he didn't like it. That's what happens when he gets out of 7A. He probably influences the officials there. When they get out of that district they get beat. I really hate it for the other teams in that district. They probably don't get a fair shake night to night.

I believe that if you check the record, you'll find that Coach Rodgers has had a huge percentage of wins outside of 7a including the state tourney. How many gold balls does your school have?

No one is giving Jackson Co. anything. They have to beat an elite team in Clarkrange to even get there, unlike some of the cupcake districts out there, you have to be good to win in 7A. What i HAVE predicted is that a team from 7A will play for and win the state championship this year and i would have predicted that even if the young lady was still playing for Middleton. Unfortunately she is not, injuries are a part of the game, its what kept Jackson County from going back to back last year and winning 3 out of the last five class A state championships. As it is they only managed winning 2 gold and 2 silver in the last five years....... So as i said injuries are part of the game, if Middleton is that good they will still be there at the end just like JC was last year. Houston Co. is a very good team and is well coached i expect them to be a tough opponent. The two teams that come out of 7A have to be the favorites to take home the gold and silver though. :popcorneater:

This is an pointless argument. You will never accept that there is basketball played outside of your little circle lol

Middleton didn't make the tournament last year because they lost to the eventual champs...at their house...on a last second shot. Logically the argument could be made that they were among the top two or three teams in the state. That is why I included the fact that only two western division teams make it to Murfreesboro. You keep harping about Jackson County's "way back when" past, when they were in AA...then call me out as being a homer when I refer to the same time period...weak. All things being objective, 7A has had a phenomenal run, and Jackson Co. has been a big part of it...nobody from the west is disputing that. The only difference of opinion here is about Middleton's chances...with and without their star player. Let me ask you...If Jaycee Coe had gone down for the season (be honest), and Union City wins by 20...would you have been on here with "J.C. would have beaten them..."? There are teams (not many) on both ends of the state capable of ending Middleton's season if everything fall in their favor, and the same could be said of every other team...Middleton is good enough to win it without Deja, and with her they were the favorite...that's my opinion, and it's your right to disagree with it...just don't come at me with "Jackson Co. and the rest of 7A has been this/that in the past", and dismiss other region's past accomplishments, other team's chances, and other people's opinion.