who will be William blount next head coach?

If the right coach came maybe they would get some of the kids out of the halls and onto the field. My mom's water heater went out over the weekend and a fellow she goes to church with and his boy came out to put it in. I hadn't seen the boy since he was little. The boy picked up the water heater with one arm and set it off the truck. He goes about 6'4".

I asked him if he had good garbage service? I think if a kid has never played on a varsity team he would be immediately eligible if he were to transfer to a school that needed another DE because of graduation.   :huh::rolleyes:

Edited by Red Rebels

Gov I seriously doubt that Blackman's old coach will be the next coach at William Blount. The one big advantage he had at Blackman was that it was the biggest school in the TSSAA which was still growing because of the job growth in that area which was bringing in people from all over the country. He had D1 players at his side that he wouldn't have at William Blount. I would think that he would be looking to go somewhere that had the same situation plus he would not go somewhere without taking people with him which wouldn't happen at William Blount. I'm sure they are serious about finding someone good to take over the program which is good. I also can say if you can only bring the head coach because of no teaching positions Meadows would have been the best choice but some people that can't forgive and forget will cut their nose off to spite their face as you have seen the past two years and settle with less just to prove this point .I do think Ridge is looking for someone good and will be a great AD at William Blount.

It is looking more and more like you would be wrong in your assumptions about Shad not coming to WB....You are right that he won't have the talent that he has been used to, but my take is he is in a tough situation right now and probably wants to remain in 6A and likes East Tennessee, so there are not a lot of options available for him right now.  It will just be a stopping point for him, he will be there maybe two years at the most and WB will be right back doing this again, IMO....not trying to be negative, just looking at things realistically and calling it like I see it.

You are right about Meadows, whether it is right or wrong is not for me to say, but I don't think they would ever make that hire. 

I could say more, but it is probably best to shut up at this point and let it all play out....talked to several kids this weekend that have went from really happy and excited a week ago to very confused about what they want to do at this point.  I never went through coaching changes when I played and I never would have dreamed the impact that a coaching change has on a player at the high school level until I sit down and talk to my own kid about it, now I realize how big it is.

It is looking more and more like you would be wrong in your assumptions about Shad not coming to WB....You are right that he won't have the talent that he has been used to, but my take is he is in a tough situation right now and probably wants to remain in 6A and likes East Tennessee, so there are not a lot of options available for him right now.  It will just be a stopping point for him, he will be there maybe two years at the most and WB will be right back doing this again, IMO....not trying to be negative, just looking at things realistically and calling it like I see it.

You are right about Meadows, whether it is right or wrong is not for me to say, but I don't think they would ever make that hire. 

I could say more, but it is probably best to shut up at this point and let it all play out....talked to several kids this weekend that have went from really happy and excited a week ago to very confused about what they want to do at this point.  I never went through coaching changes when I played and I never would have dreamed the impact that a coaching change has on a player at the high school level until I sit down and talk to my own kid about it, now I realize how big it is.

Your right, the unknown can cause a lot of people to consider transferring if this process takes to long. That would be my biggest worry right now so someone there needs to get going and not drag their feet.

Barney,

I can see your point I guess but what other open jobs are out there that would be better than WB? The Oakland Job has already been filled and supposedly he wouldn't be able to coach at any of the other Murfreesboro schools anyways. What other jobs are out there that would be better than WB? Has Trousdale found a new coach? That's the only one I can think of right off the top of my head. Judging by his current situation and the available jobs I see no reason why he wouldn't come to WB. Plus I think WB is a better job than people give it credit for and they have some talent. And I'd be willing to bet they could find a way to let him bring assistants if they really wanted him.

Arlington, Antioch, Loudon, and Trousdale County are all better jobs than William Blount. Fortunately for WB, I cant see Shad coaching in Nashville Metro and Trousdale is probably going to go young with its next coach

I think some of you guys are too negative. Some think that there's no way Shadowens will take the job and/or there's no way he'll stay long term if he does take it. I think some of you are missing the big picture. I think there's some perks for coaching at WB that don't involve big time talent or money. First of all, we have pretty good fan support here. If he takes the job and can win 5 to 8 games a year with the occasional good playoff run people will worship the ground he walks on. That leads into the 2nd perk, job security. He'll have the job for as long as he wants it and won't have people out to get him. WB's not like some of these supposedly good gigs where people call for a coaches head because he only makes it to the quarterfinals or semi-finals. I think these things alone make-up for what a coach would have at a high profile football program. And WB does have talent to work with too. They have enough talent to be a winning team most years and it's not out of the question for them to occasionally have the talent to win a championship. No, we don't have Jajaun Jennings here but we do have some good players. Lastly, Blount County is a great place to live. I could see a coach passing up better jobs to stay here because of that alone. Now, Shadowens may not take the job and if he does he might end up really using it as a stepping stone and be gone in a year or two. But I still wouldn't be surprised if he fell in love with the community and stuck around for years to come.

Edited by Governors91

I think some of you guys are too negative. Some think that there's no way Shadowens will take the job and/or there's no way he'll stay long term if he does take it. I think some of you are missing the big picture. I think there's some perks for coaching at WB that don't involve big time talent or money. First of all, we have pretty good fan support here. If he takes the job and can win 5 to 8 games a year with the occasional good playoff run people will worship the ground he walks on. That leads into the 2nd perk, job security. He'll have the job for as long as he wants it and won't have people out to get him. WB's not like some of these supposedly good gigs where people call for a coaches head because he only makes it to the quarterfinals or semi-finals. I think these things alone make-up for what a coach would have at a high profile football program. And WB does have talent to work with too. They have enough talent to be a winning team most years and it's not out of the question for them to occasionally have the talent to win a championship. No, we don't have Jajaun Jennings here but we do have some good players. Lastly, Blount County is a great place to live. I could see a coach passing up better jobs to stay here because of that alone. Now, Shadowens may not take the job and if he does he might end up really using it as a stepping stone and be gone in a year or two. But I still wouldn't be surprised if he fell in love with the community and stuck around for years to come.

From what I'm hearing 91, you're gonna find out if he can win 8 games in LA.