TSSAA to look at open zones, privates, new classifications possible

GWAVE1

Here in Sumner Co, you are supposed to pay a fee to be able to attend a school if you live outside the county. The school director has said he was going to enforce this as it has been glossed over by some administrators in the past. I am kind of skeptical of his enforcement knowing some things I do now but that is Sumner Co policy.

We will never have a system that pleases everyone. The old 5-class system will make the most people happy. Personally, I like the Z-plan, I know most of you guys hate it, and I can understand why most of you hate it. It's just my opinion.

Go to a 4 class system with everyone (D1 & D2) back together.

A. Small schools and NO private schools or magnet schools.

AA Public schools and small private schools

AAA Small financial aid giving schools, magnet schools, public schools

AAAA Financial aid giving schools and large public schools

Teams must finish in the top 2 of the district to advance to the playoffs

Teams that do not qualify for the playoffs but have a winning record may participate in a bowl game. The TSSAA receives 25% of ALL ticket sales for bowl games.

Indiana plays 9 regular season games. everyone makes the playoffs and they have a points system to determine who moves up after championships. It would solve a lot of problems for Tennessee. everyone in the playoffs. The main drawback for schools is the loss of one gate a year but TSSAA would lover to add another round of playoffs so they could collect for the new HOF.

I don't understand why some people are playoff elitists that think we need less teams in the playoffs. Who does that benefit? The playoffs are still the same regardless of how many teams are in. It's still win or go home. You still have to earn a championship.

Because a large percentage of first round playoff games are huge mismatches that should never be played in the first place.  Having roughly 56 teams in each classification with over half of them making the playoffs is just too watered down.

2-8/3-7/4-6 type teams don't belong in the playoffs.   

There is simply no justification for a state with the population of Tennessee to have 6 division 1 and 2 division 2 state champions.  Definitely dilutes the "value" of those gold balls.  

Go to a 4 class system with everyone (D1 & D2) back together.

A. Small schools and NO private schools or magnet schools.

AA Public schools and small private schools

AAA Small financial aid giving schools, magnet schools, public schools

AAAA Financial aid giving schools and large public schools

Teams must finish in the top 2 of the district to advance to the playoffs

Teams that do not qualify for the playoffs but have a winning record may participate in a bowl game. The TSSAA receives 25% of ALL ticket sales for bowl games.

I would switch magnet schools and small private schools in your 2 and 3 classes. No way you can justify putting academic schools with schools like Nashville Christian and CPA that can recruit.

I would switch magnet schools and small private schools in your 2 and 3 classes. No way you can justify putting academic schools with schools like Nashville Christian and CPA that can recruit.

It was an oversight on my part. I intended to add the small magnet schools to AA where they would compete with small private schools and public schools.

Metro Nashville may not be labeled as open zoned but a student has been able to attend any school in Metro Nashville with little if any resistance since the 70's if they provided their own transportation.