TSSAA Proposal Changes?

mrbigster

You're exactly right.  The TSSAA doesnt use the time or money to police these things.  That is why I think they allow open enrollement among other things, they just dont want to deal with it.  None of this will ever be fixed until they just split completely.  My question is what will happen to the schools that play in public classifications who currently have non- teaching parents on the payroll?

This is gonna be a bigger mess than ever,

They really didnt do much of anything.Like they said,they can't police morals.Kids from our counties are going to keep going to Dyer Co schools and not pay anything.Boosters are going to pay for them.The TSSAA should have just drank their coffee,ate their free dinner and went home.Letting kids go to another school outside their county hasnt helped the smaller schools at all.Going to keep losing athletes and staying around 21 players.Maplewood board member thought it was a good idea to not penalize a kid for making a choice of schools.I can see that.May not be bad for the larger schools .And it wasnt keeping them from going to a school of their choice.They could still go.But would have had to sit a year.Could see a kid going to a school in the same county,maybe 5 miles away but not out of the county,over 20 miles one way.We have a kid now,rumour has it a Dyersburg business owner is paying for his gas to drive back and forth.We all know pretty well this with some things that have transpired the past couple weeks but like the TSSAA said,basically comes down to morals.   These kids are recruited by schools,parents,other athletes,so not penalizing a student by going to another school in another county  is garbage.

Edited by mrbigster

Where there's a will there's a way. I don't know why they can agree to these rules but not a complete split. Clearly they feel like the playing field is not equal. The ONLY way to eliminate all doubt is to have a complete split.

The article I read said these changes were a response to the voices crying about how life wasn't fair. The reality is these rule changes don't amount to much.

Sounds a lot like how our government deals with, or rather fails to deal with, illegal immigration.

We don't need more rules that won't be enforced. We need a wall. :rolleyes:

From my understanding these new bylaws would force most of the private school's into d2. I'm waiting. We've got several other issues that keeps the playing field unequal but I don't think they did anything to change anything. Like a tree falling in the forest.

the  t$$aa is all about appearances and no substance. they want to appear that they are trying to do something to "level the playing field" when in reality they just want to keep both sides happy enough for them to keep paying their dues. the multiplier is already an admission of unfairness. to split would possibly mean losing 26 or so schools dues and share of gates from playoffs etc. why not just keep everyone in the same class and turn head for public school violations if not too severe and that would at least keep the privates paying, never mind their unfairness. time for some new leadership at the tssaa. split is better for the majority and a split it should be. if it means losing privates to their own association so be it. they will never be the majority. too many public school teams, coaches, and kids have been robbed of a true equal playing field that has cost them championships because of the association catering to the $$$. 

the  t$$aa is all about appearances and no substance. they want to appear that they are trying to do something to "level the playing field" when in reality they just want to keep both sides happy enough for them to keep paying their dues. the multiplier is already an admission of unfairness. to split would possibly mean losing 26 or so schools dues and share of gates from playoffs etc. why not just keep everyone in the same class and turn head for public school violations if not too severe and that would at least keep the privates paying, never mind their unfairness. time for some new leadership at the tssaa. split is better for the majority and a split it should be. if it means losing privates to their own association so be it. they will never be the majority. too many public school teams, coaches, and kids have been robbed of a true equal playing field that has cost them championships because of the association catering to the $$$. 

Old school is right, just go back to the old days and have at it. I think a split would be bad, it has been for other states.  Freed from any controling authority the private division would end up dominating like it does in other states.  They would draw the best players, the majority of interest, and the publics would be come irrelevant. It has happened elswhere. I say keep the tiger by the tail and open up the market.  Like NASCAR in the old days, NO HOLDS BARRED.

They need to set a date that these schools will decide whether to change their policies or go to Division II. Something around mid December at the latest. If not things will drag on and changes won't take effect as planned. You have to look at reclassifying the schools possibly, new playoff plans, on and.on, and they've proven they get in no hurry on such issues.

Anyone ever thought about how many hours a kid would have to work to pay the tuition at a private school. They sure wouldn't have time to play sports. Another thing is this ,if a kids parent didn't have the money to pay tuition,they sure couldn't afford to work for the school for free. Its all done with smoke and mirrors. Its a JOKE.