Mairvul att Alcoee

STARSNBARS

Sorry bout the auto spell stuff. I know the tornados like pets, but how bout points? That D looked good to me in the jamboree.

Alcoa has given up 14 points. 7 of those points were against starters against WB in the second qtr.. However, none of the teams Alcoa has played comes remotely close to that of Maryville.

Edited by F5seekshelter

No because Alcoa is tired of being spanked on television. Whether it's on ESPN or the local CBS channel they've been getting owned by the Maryville's and CPA's of the state. At least the Fulton @ Maryville game was worth watching. This game will be over by halftime. Maryville by a ton!

Maryville has owned Alcoa the last two years, but I'm pretty sure the ESPN game was better than the Fulton game two weeks ago. And please refresh me...when did Alcoa get "owned" by CPA? Somebody's obviously bitter about a high school football team, huh? Poor guy...

Anywho, Maryville is Maryville. Great offense, great defense, great special teams, and awful, terrible, flat out sorry coaching....what else is new? Alcoa's D-line is dominant. On par with the '05 line that featured Warren, Sykes, and White, but we're really going to need the next two levels of the defense to step up even more to keep Alcoa in the ball game. Jaylen Myers has the best arm I've seen personally at the HS level, and I've seen some good ones. His accuracy has improved, and he'll have to make some big throws to keep the Rebel D on their toes. It doesn't seem we have that featured Alcoa back that we seem to have each year, but rather by committee. McClurg, Shareef, and Salter are all very capable backs.

Hopefully we can make this a game, to do so we'll have to play perfect, get some big defensive stops and force a Rebel turnover or two. Maryville is the class of Tennessee football, heck maybe even football in the Southeast, over the last 15 years, and we're the only team in this state that has beaten them multiple times in that span. Hopefully we can find a way to do it again this Friday.

Edited by Tom142

2lu86mb.jpgI have a friend that's an Alcoa fan that set beside me at the Fulton Game ask me what the " 72 " stood for over the new ticket stand since there weren't 72 entrances. I told him that's the combined scores we have put on Alcoa the past two years. He called me the next day and told me he looked the scores up and that I must be right but why did they not put a number over the one on Broadway. I told him we were waiting to see how much we scored this year before we do and he believed it. LOL

Edited by BarneySox2007

I don't know who wins this one. Alcoa is a strong defense, especially the line. I suspect the secondary will get taken advantage of by Marvyille. Who knows. Both programs are excellent in their own right. I find it odd that Maryville fans brag about beating Alcoa though, it being a much smaller school and all. They are supposed to beat them. I can beat my youngest son in basketball, but I don't go bragging about it. (Maybe in a couple years I will brag about it). Just trying to stir things up a little. Comments anyone?

I don't know who wins this one. Alcoa is a strong defense, especially the line. I suspect the secondary will get taken advantage of by Marvyille. Who knows. Both programs are excellent in their own right. I find it odd that Maryville fans brag about beating Alcoa though, it being a much smaller school and all. They are supposed to beat them. I can beat my youngest son in basketball, but I don't go bragging about it. (Maybe in a couple years I will brag about it). Just trying to stir things up a little. Comments anyone?

Like this thread needs to be stirred up. You could be working on a sermon.

Maryville fans have every reason to brag about beating them. They are always a stout team. Now that WB has added them again it will make the Govs better ; )