Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

GB had a dilapidated school and facilities for years.They built us a new school in 2013 and it is an attraction to the kids that have passed up by.The old school would get shut down numerous days thru a semester because of gas leaks and the structure was Run down.We are excited about the new "attraction".GB is a beautiful place to live and these folks are finally moving in.I will take them!You would too.The root of our team as shown Fri night is the homegrown boys,but if we can get some kids in that is really the only way to compete anymore.The only thing is we don't recruit of course a winning tradition helps.Look at Mville and Alcoa kids flock there,and we are just 20 mins down the road if the dont get enough playing time move to GB.We still do not accept out of county kids,these kids have to move here and the admin makes sure I promise you that!

I'm enjoying this SOOOO much, LOL!!!

So in the process of learning GB here by reading... At first I read GB is a "small community" closed/zoned public school sounding to have bred and born GB kids playing from their own community they grew up in... Reminding me of my Alma mater Mount Pleasant... Now I am reading GB is getting transfers from different areas to 'build teams' like an open/not zoned public school. Not much different than the private schools other than no scholarship offers.

Which is it?

We're just having fun with each other. GB is a very small rural community that will always be a run what you brung kind of team. Yeah occasionally they may get a transfer here and there but I bet they lose as many or more than they get. I started this transfer mess giving OnB a hard time. I've followed Oneida for years and the GB junior high team you see today you'll see again in high school. Sorry GB, didn't mean to start something. Edited by crow

GB had a dilapidated school and facilities for years.They built us a new school in 2013 and it is an attraction to the kids that have passed up by.The old school would get shut down numerous days thru a semester because of gas leaks and the structure was Run down.We are excited about the new "attraction".GB is a beautiful place to live and these folks are finally moving in.I will take them!You would too.The root of our team as shown Fri night is the homegrown boys,but if we can get some kids in that is really the only way to compete anymore.The only thing is we don't recruit of course a winning tradition helps.Look at Mville and Alcoa kids flock there,and we are just 20 mins down the road if the dont get enough playing time move to GB.We still do not accept out of county kids,these kids have to move here and the admin makes sure I promise you that!

+1 and my team lost to his in the regular season and playoffs.

We're just having fun with each other. GB is a very small rural community that will always be a run what you brung kind of team. Yeah occasionally they may get a transfer here and there but I bet they lose as many or more than they get. I started this transfer mess giving OnB a hard time. I've followed Oneida for years and the GB junior high team you see today you'll see again in high school. Sorry GB, didn't mean to start something.

mTp has a few schools that's just 10-20 mins down the road that mTp could benefit from kids at those schools not getting play time, but those transfers just don't happen. It's called "Zoning". mTp has to play with what is bred and born within it's very small "Zone".

Huge disadvantage against schools who do not and are able to pick up players from the rest of the County or nearby Big City.

Edited by Big Bigby

You guys!!!!Boy pop12 opened up the gate and let the Bulls out and left me alone without a horse!

He definitely got the pot boiling.

Thanks for the kind words from the GB posters that I met Friday. I can assure you, the pleasure was all mine. Now you guys need to chat it up this week on the championship thread with OnB. Last week of the season and that dude needs help, lol. Again, great to meet you guys and the conversations we shared. It was a great experience that I would NEVER have seen happening a few years ago. Glad you guys allowed me to experience Cooper Field from your spot.