Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

1 and 2 from what I have WITNESSED!They can say all they want about our region but like I said on the Pitt/CA thread after that Helton man said GB,Harriman or Oneida wouldn't give Pitt much of a problem(he still hasn't apologized LOL),these teams may not win but I promise they will hit you in the mouth every down.Well that's what CA hasn't had ALL year and we brought it Fri and they did not like it at all and our kids thrived on it.

+1. Pulling for GB Friday - good luck guys

Good luck to the Kee's. Give it EVERYTHING you have and walk off that field with you're head high regardless, NEVER let anyone tell you what you can and can't do.Truth is ,NO ONE KNOWS.. Either way you've had a great season.You will be the underdogs but that should only fuel the fire. Lots of people in you're corner this week.

You going Friday Pujo?

Very good synopsis.LOL.Great to see you back.Hockey stick is that other picture taker and he came out of hiding for a while this yr too.Good to see some of the faithful!

I was talking to some of our staff yesterday about this game. I told them the way y'all are playing if there is a team in 1A that can just dominate y'all then there is definitely something wrong lol. GB is about as strong of a 1A team as you will see. HCS may be leaps and bounds better but I'll have to see that to believe it.

I was talking to some of our staff yesterday about this game. I told them the way y'all are playing if there is a team in 1A that can just dominate y'all then there is definitely something wrong lol. GB is about as strong of a 1A team as you will see. HCS may be leaps and bounds better but I'll have to see that to believe it.

If we play to our FULL potential with ALL our kids,I think we can play with them.

Heard a great possibility about Gb's next roster.Next semester two new beasts are coming with football backgrounds.One is a 6'5" 270lb. lineman that plays regular for "football heaven" just up the road.The other is a kid of Breeden's design that just lately moved to Loudon.Will be a freshman.Proves the old song"Everybody Loves a Winner,But when You Lose You Lose Alone".Go Cherokees!!You've beat the football world's odds.

This was supposed to be a secret.LOL!

So in the process of learning GB here by reading... At first I read GB is a "small community" closed/zoned public school sounding to have bred and born GB kids playing from their own community they grew up in... Reminding me of my Alma mater Mount Pleasant... Now I am reading GB is getting transfers from different areas to 'build teams' like an open/not zoned public school. Not much different than the private schools other than no scholarship offers.

Which is it?

So in the process of learning GB here by reading... At first I read GB is a "small community" closed/zoned public school sounding to have bred and born GB kids playing from their own community they grew up in... Reminding me of my Alma mater Mount Pleasant... Now I am reading GB is getting transfers from different areas to 'build teams' like an open/not zoned public school. Not much different than the private schools other than no scholarship offers.

Which is it?

GB had a dilapidated school and facilities for years.They built us a new school in 2013 and it is an attraction to the kids that have passed up by.The old school would get shut down numerous days thru a semester because of gas leaks and the structure was Run down.We are excited about the new "attraction".GB is a beautiful place to live and these folks are finally moving in.I will take them!You would too.The root of our team as shown Fri night is the homegrown boys,but if we can get some kids in that is really the only way to compete anymore.The only thing is we don't recruit of course a winning tradition helps.Look at Mville and Alcoa kids flock there,and we are just 20 mins down the road if the dont get enough playing time move to GB.We still do not accept out of county kids,these kids have to move here and the admin makes sure I promise you that!

Which is it?

They also don't have to pay to go here.LOL.So better than a private!Don't be scared we are no Dynasty team like Pitt and Trous.