Trezvant at Trinity Christian

TennesseeVol

I know that. But I hate it when people say "we shut your defense down" but still gave up 21 points. Shutting someone down on defense means allowing 10 points or less. But hey, we are all different.

. Actually it is we shut your OFFENSE down. And also man it's over. Move on. It's old. You win. Your team is the greatest. What time do y'all play Thursday, Friday or Saturday? I will watch them and cheer them on for you.

you guys got to the semis. not sure why u are so defensive. unless there's some truth to the one man team talk. even adamsville's fans were like "i dont know how you beat us with one kid but you did"

Take it from someone who knows firsthand. Scotts Hill played TCA twice in three weeks...first game Goldsmith had a career in one night running the ball. Two weeks were spent figuring out how to "stop" him (keep him to three or four scores), with some good results...we hit him hard and often...and TCA beat us through the air with some amazing catches. Sure, Goldsmith was throwing the ball, but you cant throw it and catch it both. TCA's defense also held us to point totals comparable to Wayne County's...both very good.

Take it from someone who knows firsthand. Scotts Hill played TCA twice in three weeks...first game Goldsmith had a career in one night running the ball. Two weeks were spent figuring out how to "stop" him (keep him to three or four scores), with some good results...we hit him hard and often...and TCA beat us through the air with some amazing catches. Sure, Goldsmith was throwing the ball, but you cant throw it and catch it both. TCA's defense also held us to point totals comparable to Wayne County's...both very good.

. Thank you Trader. We were talking about you boys the other day. Really love the way you guys have come together and playing. Look forward to seeing you guys the next few years. With the community behind you and the boys buying into the program the sky's the limit. Keep up the hard work and take that region 5 title next year.

. Thank you Trader. We were talking about you boys the other day. Really love the way you guys have come together and playing. Look forward to seeing you guys the next few years. With the community behind you and the boys buying into the program the sky's the limit. Keep up the hard work and take that region 5 title next year.

Goldsmith was a terrific player,probably a once in a generation talent... the fact remains that defense won the game against Adamsville. The 'Cards were the type team that could score on every possession and take ten minutes to do it, yet TCA kept them out of the endzone often enough to outscore them. Simple to say...almost impossible to do for the last 3-4 years.

Really hope to keep playing TCA into the future. You folks have SH's respect...Coaches, players, fans...all top-notch, and your Lions will find a way to be a top level team no matter the talent lost to graduation...great for both programs.

Our QB will be tough to live without next season, and #9...you can't coach speed and natural ability, and you can't teach kids to be leaders on and off the field...those two will be missed, but we have a pretty good core and great coaches coming back. Thanks for the encouraging words...we think that the foundation is there to maintain a respectable program, but it's good to hear from other fans that they believe we're heading in the right direction too.

Going to be a loooonngggg off season...really going to miss Friday nights for a while. 

Wondering when you were going to show your face again? Were you there Friday? No, we are not a one man team. One man doesn't beat a team like Trez. Would it have been closer? Absolutely. When Goldsmith played it freed up all of the other playmakers. See McKenzie game. TREZ would not be the same without Richardson but they are not a one man team. It's ludicrous to think a team that makes it to the final four is a one man team. I went to see your boys over at USJ play against Gibson Co on Sat night. Your superstar had 35 points and had an outstanding game! He's a lot better than last year but he's not the only player. USJ scored 81 and won by 15. They couldn't have won with his points only. Is UJS a different team without their stud? Absolutely but they are not a one man show! It takes a team to go far. USJ will go far in basketball this year if they continue to at as a team.

I'm just a casul reader.  I dont' have the luxury of sitting at work posting 700 times a day.

Your explanation above is border line silly.  No one is saying that one person beats a team, just that you take that player off and you don't win as much.

Stop being so defensive, all I said was that comment would probably not go over well.  And I was right.  Nobody argued the concept of team work or whether 1 on 11 or 1 on 5 was a comparable argument.

I'm just a casul reader. I dont' have the luxury of sitting at work posting 700 times a day.

Your explanation above is border line silly. No one is saying that one person beats a team, just that you take that player off and you don't win as much.

Stop being so defensive, all I said was that comment would probably not go over well. And I was right. Nobody argued the concept of team work or whether 1 on 11 or 1 on 5 was a comparable argument.

You are correct in that you did not say we were a one man team in this particular post but you have in the past. Your comment about not winning as much when you lose a key player is absolutely correct and nothing wrong with that. I'm defending the 33 other players on that team that made it successful. If you hadn't made those comments in the past I wouldn't have defending it. I do think you mean well most of the time but I'm all about the team and I assure you Goldsmith is a team player.

You are correct in that you did not say we were a one man team in this particular post but you have in the past. Your comment about not winning as much when you lose a key player is absolutely correct and nothing wrong with that. I'm defending the 33 other players on that team that made it successful. If you hadn't made those comments in the past I wouldn't have defending it. I do think you mean well most of the time but I'm all about the team and I assure you Goldsmith is a team player.

Nothing better than a late lunch on a rainy Tuesday at Logan's  ;)

Quote something I said along the lines above in the past. Look close ok. Once again,something I said. Smart alec repost of mine don't count.

I've been where you are now and can tell you that a few years from now you will see how trivial some of these conversations are in the big scheme of things.

Enjoy the memories and don't get so caught up in the small stuff. Message board comments don't really matter that much man.

Take care. Good luck to Eli.

Just looking at stats, TCA had one player with 120 total tackles. No other player is within 40 of him. He had 305 yards of the total offense of 405 yards avg per game.

We averaged 505 total All Purpose yards per game. If you only include rushing and receiving you are correct but those other 100 yards are very important. We had some nice kickoff returns this year that put us in good scoring position. Thomas had a nice 40 yard return against Aville that set up the go ahead Td with 4 mins left. Yes, he did have 60% of overall yards and was a stud horse but we don't win without those other 200 yards per game. Yes, that was a big loss on defense and it hurt not having him but that' still doesn't make us a one man team. Somebody else made the other 300 or so tackles.

Edited by TCAIntense

Amerigha is just jealous because TCA for the most part beat his precious Rockets in softball like a government mule. Neck I remember one year we beat them for the title and one of them declared on this web site that they were "The public school state champions". Perhaps he would like one of us to go to Forrest threads and be a nag there. Lol

Edited by ReitzFan