Pearl-Cohn vs Knoxville Catholic Class 4A State Title Game

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic huge up front difference in this game. Best offensive line we've seen this year.

Firebird, I think you'll probably leave this game with similar thoughts I had after leaving the game against Catholic last weekend.  Athlete for athlete, Pearl Cohn and Marshall County could both match up with Knox Catholic.  It's the battle up front that was so overwhelming.  Both of Catholic's lines are dominant.  Catholic is very impressive and will be the next two years.  

When Pearl beat Lipscomb in the second round they made big plays including a huge run by #2 and a punt return for a TD by #2. Lipscomb's size up front game them trouble in that game and they were able to win it with big plays.

I figured the Knoxville Catholic game would be a same story type of case but apparently Catholic has skilled guys to go with their linemen as well.

Firebird, I think you'll probably leave this game with similar thoughts I had after leaving the game against Catholic last weekend. Athlete for athlete, Pearl Cohn and Marshall County could both match up with Knox Catholic. It's the battle up front that was so overwhelming. Both of Catholic's lines are dominant. Catholic is very impressive and will be the next two years.

Better team won this game. We let Middle Tennessee down...lol