Alcoa 2016

AlcoaBasketball

• 2 weeks later...

How's Colton Wright fitting in at Alcoa this preseason? The young man rushed for close to 1,700 yards and 27TDs and was the Region Offensive Player of the Year last fall at Heritage. I'm sure all of the Alcoa fans are having Chris Shiverdecker flashbacks when thinking of how Wright fits into their plans this year.

How's Colton Wright fitting in at Alcoa this preseason? The young man rushed for close to 1,700 yards and 27TDs and was the Region Offensive Player of the Year last fall at Heritage. I'm sure all of the Alcoa fans are having Chris Shiverdecker flashbacks when thinking of how Wright fits into their plans this year.

I have talked to a couple of people close to the program there and they have told me Alcoa is so loaded at the running back position that any one of them are going to be lucky to carry the ball more than seven or eight times a game. I think with that being said plus all the mercy rule contest which will speed up the second half in two thirds of their games if not more his numbers will not come close to what he did at Heritage. He will be a great benefit for Alcoa in two games this year which will be against Maryville and who ever they play in the state championship game.

As good as Shivy was.......he had to play second fiddle to Duck his first year at Alcoa. Alcoa has that kind of depth again this year. Loaded Back field and a big strong O line. Wright will be a big help on D also.................

I've always enjoyed going back and forth with the Alcoa supporters on here for years. Out of all of Alcoa's championship teams I thought that the 2010 team was the best offensively. They had a game changer on the outside in Isom, an experienced winner at quarterback in Tallent, and a loaded offensive backfield in Warren, Tyson, and Hambrick. I think that if their 2016 team stays healthy they can be fairly similar to that group. They have an experienced QB, they have good receivers and an obvious playmaker in one of them, and they are deep at running back. Their offensive line also returns 4 of 5 starters. They'll be very difficult for anyone to slow down if they can remain healthy on that side of the ball. Defensively they'll be in a rebuilding phase up front early in the year but a team will have to post a large number on the scoreboard to knock them off. By the time the season ends and the playoffs begin I will be surprised if anyone in 3A can play within 2-3 scores of them.

The Defense will be young,but I never worry with Coach Nix the defensive mastermind!

Alcoa also picked up a few new 8th graders. One will get significant playing time this fall as freshman. and probably start next year. A lineman that may start as a Soph on O line and play on D line as Jr and Sr. and another kid that was All county as an 8th grader at QB and Safety. Rising freshman class is loaded.

Alcoa also picked up a few new 8th graders. One will get significant playing time this fall as freshman. and probably start next year. A lineman that may start as a Soph on O line and play on D line as Jr and Sr. and another kid that was All county as an 8th grader at QB and Safety. Rising freshman class is loaded.

I hate to bring bad news, but the incoming freshman lineman Alcoa had that started in the future stars game will be going to Catholic now. Heard about it last week. Don't shoot the messenger. Alcoa always has the talent to build a strong OL/DL.

I hate to bring bad news, but the incoming freshman lineman Alcoa had that started in the future stars game will be going to Catholic now. Heard about it last week. Don't shoot the messenger. Alcoa always has the talent to build a strong OL/DL.

He will be playing D-II as a sophomore, junior, and senior against "the big boys" like Brentwood Academy, MBA, Ensworth, MUS, etc.