14A

HoopsTN1

No offence ucdiditagain.... but I remember a few years ago the tournament was at Union City and had people standing up all over the place. Union City had no business hosting it then, if Humboldt has no business hosting it now... from a completely unbiased and don't give a rip where it's hosted person, I don't blame Humboldt a bit for hosting it at their place. They've earned the right the host it at their place and it would only be smart on their end to keep it at their place. Calling out Humboldt like you did is pretty ignorant on your end... just being real...

I just happen to know as we, our school system contacted UTM and Bethel and both gyms were occupied with games. That was done then and should be done now.  

No offence ucdiditagain.... but I remember a few years ago the tournament was at Union City and had people standing up all over the place. Union City had no business hosting it then, if Humboldt has no business hosting it now... from a completely unbiased and don't give a rip where it's hosted person, I don't blame Humboldt a bit for hosting it at their place. They've earned the right the host it at their place and it would only be smart on their end to keep it at their place. Calling out Humboldt like you did is pretty ignorant on your end... just being real...

Yes, very uncalled for calling people names because he don't want the games to be played in Humboldt! & talking about Humboldt getting home cooking, I never seen one person make a big issue or fuss about playing a game unless he is scared to come to Humboldt! Humboldt never host any tournament but now he wants us to move it, now that's funny!! 😂 The game will be played in Humboldt & I suggest you get there early or listen to game on radio!!

Some of these reactions are hilarious. If Cisco had won the District, we'd be in UC tomorrow night. If I were from UC, I'd stop the trashing on here. If you don't think players/coaches read this forums, then you're crazy. They don't need any more motivation to get up for Peabody or UC.

Right, at this point you lose & it's over that's all the motivation you need but talking bad because a team earned the right to play at home is ridiculous! Humboldt never gets to host a district tournament because coaches never vote for it to be played in Humboldt & never hosted a regional tournament unless 14a sweep & we win district so why would Humboldt want to move game? Humboldt coaches & players have earned that right whether you like it or not! All, I can say, " is get there early because Humboldt fans will fill the entire gym"!!

I don't have a horse in this race but sounds like ucdiditagain is begging. Hold your ground Vikings, you earned it and it would be STUPID to agree to move the games! Any of the other 3 teams would LOVE to be in your position, it just sounds like sour grapes to this outsider. If they want a different site then they should've played better when it counted! Stand your ground Humboldt Vikings!

I don't have a horse in this race but sounds like ucdiditagain is begging. Hold your ground Vikings, you earned it and it would be STUPID to agree to move the games! Any of the other 3 teams would LOVE to be in your position, it just sounds like sour grapes to this outsider. If they want a different site then they should've played better when it counted! Stand your ground Humboldt Vikings!

It was.  But WHY are some of you not understanding this.  Two games, U C @ Humboldt and Humboldt @ U C, both times the gyms were closed, people were locked out.  Greenfield ONLY Moved the boys district because of this.  They WERE and ARE SMART.  Money, sir, it would be 5000 people if U C and Humboldt made finals.  There were right at 3750 at the U C vs. Humboldt district championship.  I'm 100% sure, Humboldt gym will only seat around 1500-1700 people.  So, the money is doubled or even tripled at the gate and concessions would be unreal.  But, like I said, Humboldt must be scared to move wanting that home cookin' call.  Bash me, say what you want but this is the most logical and most common sense move for your school, the other three schools, our region and for the TSSAA.  But like I said, if you have no common sense, you wouldn't underatand .  

Home cookin my rear! You shot 32 times at Martin Saturday got all the calls and still got beat! Looks like the whole town is just like their cry baby coach!

Don't worry, Humboldt will stand their ground & the Vikings will be ready to play in front of their fans! This team has accomplished a lot, all six (6) seniors earned all district academic, four(4) all district team, coach of year & best season since 2009 team, they deserve/earned the right to play at home!!

Good post Mr. Pioneer!